Is there a way to restore deleted player faction ?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Hello there !

A quick question, is there a way to restore deleted player factions ? Did the deleted stuff is stored somewhere in the server file ?
    I've messed up with the IDs some time ago while cleaning old / non authorised factions on our Mp server, and i'm a bit embarrassed right now.
    The only alternative could be to use a back up, but it's far to late and people have done a lot ever since.

Thanks for your attention (and sorry for my rusted english).
    Best regards
    Mach'.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    The objects owned by that faction don't go away. If a new one is started under the old name and those objects are set as the new faction via admin commands and the homebase set it will be more or less a complete restoration.

Reaction score
    As someone who's been a server admin for a few years, Short answer....
    If all material assets of the factions still exist, it is simpler just to go around and use "/faction_set_entity #####" Obviously removing the quotations and replacing the pound signs with the new faction ID tag, which, as an admin, you can find on the Faction List.

Now for the Long Answer....
    There exists a command that allowed the Admin to physically change the ID tag of an entire Faction from A to B. I do not know this command as I have never needed to use it. What is required is that either You or someone else knows the old Faction ID tag to be able to change the new Faction ID to match the old one if it is even available. Because of that availability, I strongly recommend using the short answer, even if it requires more time.

Reactions: Macharius