Is there a way to count arbitary blocks types in storage without withdrawing them?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Is there a way to count arbitary blocks types in storage without withdrawing them?

I wanna setup a factory which automatically produces capsules (easy) and a fixed number of paint stored in a single storage (hard).

I want the same system to produce 5x every type of computer and not more by limiting the resources available.
    The problem is capping the production at "5 in storage" when it's a shared storage for easier access.

OFC you can withdraw them and count each type 1by1 how many are left to 5 blocks, but that's not the way I want to go because there is downtime of access.
    Lancake confirmed in chat yesterday that in the dev build there are new features:

Pull/produce until x units of y block exist in inventory

Last edited:
    Reactions: aceface
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Afaik there isn't, maybe GalactusX knows?

If schine implemented a setting like this on all factories could be a solution:
    Produce item Y until X units exist in inventory.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Currently, there is no way to count the items inside storage blocks or factories ... maybe, in a very very distant future, schema Dev team will surprise us with more options in that aspect, but until then, count the items one by one, it is the only solution.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Lancake confirmed in chat yesterday that in the dev build there are new features:

Pull/produce until x units of y block exist in inventory