Is it possible to modify the game's mass/turn ratio?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've been playing around with large ships, but the slow turn rate is a real bummer. Is there a file I can adjust to make the turning system a bit more forgiving?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Try modifying this line:
    TURNING_DIMENSION_SCALE = 1.1
    in server.cfg file in the Starmade folder.

I don't know if this would work and do You need to put higher/lower number, because i haven't done that.

Reactions: Brain_Dawgs
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    It would seem that that is the deciding factor. I set the ratio to -1.1 and my mothership spins faster than a shuttlecraft. I'm trying to make it not so spry, but I can't figure out how (Edit: I have also tried -1.100 but it has the same effect). I've tried -0.5.1 and -0.9.1 but it just makes the turning as slow as the standard 1.1

How would I go about fine tuning the turn rate?

Last edited:

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    making the number higher slows down turning, lower speeds it up. 0.9 or 0.8 is a good setting if you want turning speeds like what they were before they got nerfed.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    making the number higher slows down turning, lower speeds it up. 0.9 or 0.8 is a good setting if you want turning speeds like what they were before they got nerfed.
    I tried 0.9.1 and -0.9.1 but they had no effect. Only -1.1 seems to do anything, and it's too fast. Am I putting in the ratio correctly?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Well, your first problem is that you are setting negative values, which means that larger ships will spin faster than small ones.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    I tried 0.9.1 and -0.9.1 but they had no effect. Only -1.1 seems to do anything, and it's too fast. Am I putting in the ratio correctly?
    I just spotted your problem. These are numbers, nothing else, and doing X.X.X is not a number, so it won't do anything. One decimal only is what you need. Also, the changes are very subtle at a low mass, because this number is a multiplier, get a big ship to test it to make sure.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ah, I see. I misunderstood your instructions. I set it to 0.8 and the difference is much better now. Thanks!

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Ah, I see. I misunderstood your instructions. I set it to 0.8 and the difference is much better now. Thanks!
    No problem, I thought something was odd when I first read the numbers, but thought nothing of it :)