IRC?

Reaction score
    Hi all,
    Just wondering if this community has an irc? i have looked about and i see no reference to one D:
    Regards,
    Scotty

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hi,
    I'll gladly open up a channel if the demand is high enough. Although the last time I used IRC was about 10 years ago, so I don't quite know which server to go for that :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Undernet, dalnet, any of the major ones.
    If you guys want to try it out, I can admin it. I'm not really sure people even know what IRC is anymore though :D

Reaction score
    Could you explain what it is?
    I think i have it on my laptop but i never understood what i was doing.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    IRC (Internet Relay Chat) is basically the most simple chatroom protocol in existence. Its simplicity has kept it alive well over 15 years now.
    IRC is divided into servers, which are most of the time connected into a larger network, and channels. What you have to know to join a certain chat room is the server and the channel name (usually something like #channelname).
    The most common software for IRC on windows is mIRC, which (despite saying otherwise) is free.

Reaction score
    IRC is an Internet Relay Chat.
    Basically just IM in your browser. xP (Although there are some programs for it.
    If you guys want, I could host a mumble server or something, and if I find a way, maybe even an IRC. (Never hosted an IRC before so I have no clue how to or what would be required.
    Also, another idea would be just a chat page on the website with instant chat there. (I see it used often on PHPbb boards)

Reaction score
    Quite alot of people use espernet . might be a good place to start

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Would be good but not for now.
    If you can get server for IRC for free - you free to make one. But demand is not big atm. Most people wants to talk in IRC but that "Most" Part is 5-10 ppl.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    @Zer0t3ch having a chatroom on the site is a pretty brilliant idea :). I'm gonna go to work on that right now!

EDIT: Done :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I would like to ask for two small additions. One, have a chime for when someone messages you directly and a new chat window opens. It would help responding faster if you are on a deferent page than Star-Made.org
    Second I would suggest a routine whip of the public chat that deletes any post older than 24 hours. I have it open and I can scroll back to the beginning to my first message two days or so ago. Its fine as there are less than 20 of us members who frequent the site but once the numbers grow. Well you can imagine.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is there any way an outside client could connect to the chat? I see you are using DrupalChat after some googling it does seem you can set it up to work with XMPP.
    I think you can get a channel on freenode pretty easily. I think I just created one if any one would be willing to try joining on #StarMade on freenode.