Invisible player

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey
    Ive just started playing this game with two my friends so i set up a dedicated server and we got going. Everything was fine for a while, I could see all players, their ships and what they had done in the world.
    However today weve suddenly got a problem. One of the people I can still see everything of theirs. The other we cant see anything but their name.
    1) I cant see their ship
    2) I cant see their body
    3) I cant see any blocks they add or remove from the world
    Its very weird as it was working fine before today. We all tried restarting our games and restarting the server but nothing worked. Looked through all the posts in both this and the bug forum and found nothing related to this issue. Tried google which had nothing either.
    Any help with this would be appreciated.
    Ubung

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    please send in a report, after the bug happens (from one client and from the server). You can use the CrashAndBugReporter.jar in the StarMade directory for that.
    I\'ll do by best to fix this bug asap.
    Please also post the first few lettersof the email with which you submitted the report, so I can pick it out quickly.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks for the speedy response.

Ive sent a bug report from my pc which is both server and client. I run the game twice. The error was sent as jon_h email address.
    I also tried to get the player who is invisible to everyone else to send their report but when he tried to do it he gets the following error:
    \"socketexception software caused connection abort: socket write error\"
    Clicking ok will take him back to the sending bar but it never finishes. This report also was sent as jon_h email address.
    Thanks fo your time on this, if there is anything else you require just ask.

Ubung

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok update on the current situation.

We noticed there was a patch available so we thought we\'d see if it fixed our problem. It didnt, still couldnt see him or what he did to the universe.

However after we\'d been playing for like 30 mins my friend noticed he could see one of my ships at the space station we call home. Sure enough when we got close to each other we could see each other again. Unfortunately everything he had done whilst invisible dissapeared, as if it had never happened.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This same thing happened to my girlfriends son and I on our 2 person LAN server. I never saved a report (I\'ll remember this next time) unfortunatly.

It was very strange though. All of a sudden he could no longer see my ship, and I could no longer find him, even though we were right near each other. Also it seemed my system (with the server) would occasionally catch up with whatever he was doing (when he moved to an asteroid nearby, I would see the red square surrounding him had moved over there, but I couldn\'t actually see him and the square didn\'t follow his every movements. It just sat there.). We never tested the blocks bit, it never came up since he\'s 10 and mostly runs around destroying things and leaves the building to me XD

He said it first started happening after my huge ship revolved and bumped his astronaut sending him flying a couple of hundred units away. Not sure if any of this helps lol.