Inventory / PlexStorage Sorting Mechanic

Reaction score
    From what I've seen, a few people have suggested a sort mechanism, and I am all for it.

My suggestion is two-fold, and could be implemented in an Either-Or choice by Schema:

1: create a 'recipe' for the factory that accepts 1 of [insert block here] and outputs same block. This would allow the factory system, as-is, to SORT inventory placed in a factory system.

OR

2: create/implement a SORT block, that could be piped to PlexStorage system. Allow an Input and an Output, and when activating block, display a GUI that allows the application of sort fields. ie: if Mineral, output a, if not, output b. this would allow sorting inventory AUTOMATICALLY, by type. Thus, having search fields like mineral, terrain, shipblock, general, docking, etc, and specific fields like exact block sort or mineral type sort (all levels of vappecide, octogen, etc.) would allow a faction to have a central repository for storing salvage/raw material, without having a full-time factory/surplus manager( which is me, in my clan).

Honestly. I feel any of these would work, and feel that they would make the game more enjoyable for those of us trying to fully utilize the industry mechanic.

Feel free to add your input, I am trying to find a consensus here that might guide the Hand of Schema.

-Herr_Underdogg

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    You can easily sort stuff yourself... not too hard o -o

As for your factory idea, you can set up Custom recipes rather easily ;p so you can do it yourself

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would like inventory links.

So that you can assign hotkeys to items in your inventory/factory, instead of unsorting everything.

Hotkey 1 would be recipie, hotkey 2 the output-field. hotkey 3 could be the alternative recipie...

Or just use all recipies in the order they appear (first all x0, then x1, ... within each y0 first, y1, ...) And put the output right/below the recipie or on the first inventar slot holding this item.

The big advantage would be that hotkey-linking would also keep your normal inventory sorted.