Inventory issues

Reaction score
    So, I'm returning to Starmade after a bit of a hiatus and it seems that inventory has been overhauled to the extent that making large vessels is more cumbersome than it needs to be. I'll be the first to admit the original inventory was a bit excessive, but I'm now faced with a conundrum.

I currently have thousands of blocks in my inventory. I can't transfer these to storage units because there's no storage unit in the galaxy big enough. I can't build ships with any degree of flexibility as any misplaced blocks cannot be retrieved.

I literally have to leave the ship and blow them up with a blaster before I can resume building, which also causes me to be randomly booted out of the ship for a period of time while the stupid thing 'reboots' whether I asked it to or not.

This whole process has become rather more frustrating than fun. Is there a simple remedy that doesn't involve ejecting all of my hard-earned resources into the vast emptiness of the cosmos?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    If this is on single-player, you are the admin.

/creative_mode yourname true

Place a storage module somewhere on another entity, C on it, and then place a bunch of Cargo Space (new blocks that expand a storage module they are slaved to). If they don't auto slave, shift-V the whole lot. Switch back to normal inventory and place your blocks in the storage module like normal. You can set up to use that ship's storage as your inventory, and thus remotely draw on the blocks to build your project.

Reaction score
    Cargo could be an answer to my problems, just as soon as I get a 'Cargo Space' block. Since my inventory is maxed, I don't actually have the luxury of buying them or making them. I've had to contend with sticking dozens of smaller cargo blocks and placing small amounts of resources into each one.

Suffice to say, it'll be a small nightmare to recover everything afterwards but at least there's a longer term solution on the horizon. Thanks for the info.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Cargo could be an answer to my problems, just as soon as I get a 'Cargo Space' block. Since my inventory is maxed, I don't actually have the luxury of buying them or making them. I've had to contend with sticking dozens of smaller cargo blocks and placing small amounts of resources into each one.

Suffice to say, it'll be a small nightmare to recover everything afterwards but at least there's a longer term solution on the horizon. Thanks for the info.
    You mean maximum number of stacks / unique items, not maximum volume?

Reaction score
    Yeah if he's on a server, get a mate to make a huge storage/cargo for you. What numbers at you talking 25k, 100k?