Invalid or corrupt jarfile

Reaction score
    so i am trying to download and install starmade, and every time i click "launch" after downloading and installing the game from the launcher, i get the error message "Error: Invalid of corrupt jarfile (name of the file all the way down to the application "StarMade.jar"). i have deleted the entire download and reinstalled three times, and now i honestly have no idea whats happening. Help!

Reaction score
    so i am trying to download and install starmade, and every time i click "launch" after downloading and installing the game from the launcher, i get the error message "Error: Invalid of corrupt jarfile (name of the file all the way down to the application "StarMade.jar"). i have deleted the entire download and reinstalled three times, and now i honestly have no idea whats happening. Help!
    Go there: StarMade and get the launcher (should be called 'StarMade-Starter'.exe or .jar) for your OS.
    The StarMade.jar you downloaded probably isn't corrupt, but to run directly from that jar, you need to specify whether to start a server or client session, which the launcher can do for you.

Disregard, can't read - you say you did start the launcher. Sorry, no clue then, except the "new launcher" doesn't download for me, so maybe there are some issues with the Starmade file server.

Last edited:
    Reactions: TempleOfShadows

josemik

Freelancer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Just in case try to update java or resinstall it, maybe its a problem with java that for some reason doesnt work