Inertia Dampeners

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Currently in the game there is just a friction option in the config, but technically there is no friction in space. So my suggestion is an inertia dampener block. This block can be placed on a ship and toggled to turn on dampeners or turn them off. The main use I can think of is for mining, currently it is a pain unless the game is set to have high friction because your ship drifts around.

Reaction score
    i second this and of course the larger the mass of your ship the more inetia damperners should be required and the more you have the faster you can stop than you can completley remove the friction from the server.cfg and have it determined by the persons ship

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The point of the Friction in the server.cfg is to slow down your ship if someone rams it, and I Guess people from going afk while Flying for long distances.

Hold Left Ship to stop your ship tho... it automatically slows the ship (basically what this idea is about) and consumes energy as thought you were manually stopping using wasd+q/e

Reaction score
    Yeah. There is already a block to do this, its called thrusters. Just use Shift to slow your ship down and hold position.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The point of the Friction in the server.cfg is to slow down your ship if someone rams it, and I Guess people from going afk while Flying for long distances.

Just decrease the maximum possible velocity (where dampening not affects you) gradually after somebody leaves the ship until it reaches 0

In the meanwhile, just imagine hyperflux coil thrusters use inverse dampening to accellerate your ship, but as a downside also add dampening to the otherwise dampening-free void space.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    but I like the idea of getting rid of damping if your in the ship, but still having it if your out of it. This way if your ship is bumped its not gone forever, or if its going fast enough you\'ll never be able to get in it again. yeah you could go afk while flying which is another problem, but I think a afk timer should be added anyway. that way people who just sit by a factory and take up rescources get kicked after afking for lets say 5 min (would be configurable)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    That way, you can \"park\" a ship and not worry about it being lost forever if someone bumps it, but if you want to walk around inside your ship while it\'s coasting off towards a distant system (I would do this a lot if it wasn\'t for the remaining gravity issues), you can.

Zeveryn

The Devious Traitor
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Their system is simple and smart. Check it.out