• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Other (please post in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    I know there have been a few threads on improving shipyards, but this one is relevant to the current climate regarding the proposed power / systems overhaul (ie eventuial refits if it goes ahead) - but also something I know some people have wanted for some time.
    After posting my thoughts on this in the proposal thread, seemed a good few people agreed, so I thought a thread on it would be worthwhile - even though I've not had enough coffee yet!

Filtering.
    Yes, we can filter blocks manually in advanced build mode. It is not enough. ever tried filtering out a large section of shield caps for instance? - You can crash your game, lag the server or even just be at it forever if you go carefully to avoid the prior two happenings. It's damned tedious!
    Why not allow us to filter blocks en masse via the shipyard computer? - When the design is loaded, you select the order "filter" and get a selection screen for filtering out certain blocks, or swapping them for another - perhaps even the removal of all system blocks. I have no doubt this could be implemented along the lined of the "repair function" - where the ship is deconstructed, then reconstructed by the shipyard. This, however, would only directly affect designs.

Is this something you would like to see?

Reactions: MacThule

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I often thought that we should separate the goal/idea from what is used to archive that goal/construct.

Make a hull and afterwards select which hull block you wanna use for it -

- or place weapons and afterwards select which weapon blocks you want to use for these areas.
    Edit: However, I don't like re-purposing weapons on the fly, like changing how your ship works with thrust direction sliders while you are outside a shipyard.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Well, may as well give this a bump with all the power related suggestions on the go.

Last edited: