Improve the Catalog Manager to handle multiple worlds

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I use multiple single-player "worlds" to keep my designs organized into different universes. However, the blueprint catalog manager doesn't work well with multiple worlds. I think it should be able to shuffle any blueprint saved from any "world" to any other "worlds" on the same server.

In short, in the catalog manager, you should be able to select and deselect any "worlds" in which a given blueprint would be available. Additionally, it would help to be able to adjust each blueprint's permissions in each world.

Reaction score
    From memory, I think subdirectories within the blueprint manager have been asked for repeatedly, search might turn up a few discussions.

I think generally subdirectories would be a more versatile approach that could be expanded upon once it has been implemented, such that it "physically" separates different universes. But in my opinion, subdirectories would need to be the groundwork for that anyway, and whether you then have (the ability) to manually sort your blueprints, or the game does it for you (or enforces it) is probably more of a matter of taste.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    From memory, I think subdirectories within the blueprint manager have been asked for repeatedly, search might turn up a few discussions.
    Yeah, subdirectory sorting would be a good way to handle catalogs for different universes.

As it is, I have to copy the design's folder from the specific universe to my "general world" universe folder, and use the catalog manager to store and retrieve all blueprints. Basically, it's the same method used as anyone on CC who doesn't want to deal with using the catalog manager to create a blueprint package, and instead just zips or rars up the blueprint folder.

If you look at the GUI of the catalog manager, it screams "placeholder", so I'm sure it'll be upgraded someday Soon (tm), but if the game can handle multiple universes, the support tools should all follow suit.