Ignoring Me Again?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    If you actually read the last thread I posted, then maybe I wouldn't be causing this issue. Reason?

I'm banned from making PM's, so I guess this is the only way to grab attention.

And I did say I might deserve a ban if necessary, but I was never told (once again) if it would be permanent or temporary. Since you locked my thread I had no other way to express it.

Reactions: ShawnR2000
    Reaction score
    The Opinion of Grand Moff Tarkin
    In my opinion, I feel that both parties may be equally at fault. While I wish to incite nothing that was found in the last thread, I do think it is unreasonable to ban someone from Chat, PM, and additional parts of the site. The concept that is established there offers no way for someone to communicate their issue to higher powers within the community.

While I fully support a moderators right to handle cases individually and deem certain cases unworthy of use, Obi should have been told if the ban was permanent or temporary, should have been told a direct list of reasons why, and should have been given a chance to at least repeal the decision. That is just and fair and just the way that most legal systems operate.

Of course, Obi's track record does leave room for doubt and even may justify a ban, as he has admitted. However, a moderator should never make assumptions based off of past experiences. If every judge made assumptions dealing with repeat offenders, than every one would be found guilty within the first hour of trial. Each trial or case that a moderator receives should be handled without bias, prejudice, or otherwise discriminatory thought.

Addressing the mood statements made about Warsong, while I do not know him personally, a moderator must remain impartial and unbiased at all times, regardless of the situation or their own personal opinions. It is my opinion that both parties should be reprimanded to some degree, granted that Obi is already banned from perhaps 30% of the site content.

It is my sincerest hope that this conflict is resolved between both parties, and that in the future, some form of communication is left open to the moderators. It makes logical sense that if you can not use chat, or Private Message, that the last resort to communicate an opinion is left to a public forum. There really was no other way in my opinion.
    Sincerely,

Grand Moff Tarkin
    Minister of Finance & Secretary of State
    The Rebel Alliance

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Obi, if you really have been banned from making PMs, would you care to share the reason why?

generalBLT13

Scary grrrrr
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Purchased!
    obi do you still have your server? if so what is the IP? if not COME ON MY SERVER!!!

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You're not actually banned from PMs, calling it now. Why would the mods ban you from everything private, but not a public forum? Seems like bad sense to me, making an inflammatory public thread the only way to communicate.

Also, if the last thread didn't get you banned, this one probably will.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    PM are a critical function of the forums, to be Banned from PM is not something you can just shrug off onto someone else. Its pretty much Proof of harassment in my opinion.

GrandMoffTarkin
    Firstly, May I ask that you not write your posts in such a way that the font becomes so white? It makes it difficult for some to read and I honestly had the urge to skip parts x- x it is uncomfortable on the eyes.

Secondly, Obi was Banned from #starmade (The IRC channel), but not from the Faction and Support Channels, nor from messaging Mods on said IRC (/msg <Name> <Msg>).

Thirdly, Past events do make an Impact on how people View you. You can not be an ass every other day and expect people to think kindly of you, This works with Mods as well; Repeat offenders are basically showing their Lack of intentions to follow the rules. The Idea of punishment is to Make one understand what he/she did was wrong, and when one comes back and continues to behave as such, it becomes harder and harder to deal with said person. In the IRC channel, Obi has received far more warnings and Kicks then any other person before he was finally Banned, That should speak to the tolerance the mods are willing to give him.

ObiShawnKenobi
    I really don't know how you managed to get Banned from PMs, but I must congratulate you or something x- x. You can kick and scream all day saying "Mods should do this" and "mods should do that", But they are still people. They can try to be constant, but that will fail when faced with repeated... I hesitate to use Harassment, but that's the only word that comes to mind.

Whats more, I don't recall you saying you were Banned from PMs in your Last thread. As well, you could've just posted something in the Site support Board (along the lines of; I want to appeal or at least find out why I was banned from PMs).

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I think some people here are too dense to understand...

"The reason for this thread being posted is because of the continuous ignorance from the moderators, not answering my questions and not informing me how long I am banned for."

And I can't take it to a PM since I'm banned from making them.

What can I do now? I'm not just gonna let it walk off.

(Oh, and CyberTao, I did get banned from support. Reason? Unknown.)

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Send a email, use the contact us button at the bottom of the page, when FlyingDebris got banned, he was completely banned, so there are clearly other ways of contacting the team. Use your brain rather than spewing nonsense all over the forums

Reactions: Miow22

Nerixel

The Walrus
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Your last thread was locked. That should suggest to you that you shouldn't post another one regarding the same topic, but apparently not.

I suggest you take advantage of
    Secondly, Obi was Banned from #starmade (The IRC channel), but not from the Faction and Support Channels, nor from messaging Mods on said IRC (/msg <Name> <Msg>).
    to contact staff if you want to.

You have been told repeatedly that issues such as these should be handled in private. You have now been provided with a way to handle it in private, therefore there is no need for this thread. Therefore, it is being locked.

Do not create another one. If for some reason you are unable to msg us on IRC, feel free to email me at <redacted> (edit: I didn't want web crawlers finding and spamming me. The contact us link should be enough anyway).
    There is also the contact us link at the bottom of the page. I just checked, it can even be used by people who aren't logged in. There is no excuse to continue any part of this drama publicly from now.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.