Implemented 'Ignore' individual threads or subfora

Reaction score
    Can we please have an option to set threads or entire subfora to "ignored", so they don't show up and clutter the new posts list every time?

There are parts I am not interested to participate in, like faction and server announcements, that at times make up a large percentage of my "inbox", and if I know beforehand I don't want to read any of them, it would be helpful if they wouldn't show up in the first place.

Then there are threads that receive a lot of traffic despite all having been said already, like the recent influx of "this game sucks and is doomed to die".

We have an option to ignore individual users, please give us an option to mute entire threads as well.

Reactions: JimmyJamba

ZektorSK

Poor boi from northern Hungary ^^
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Useless thing, Why would you want to ignore entire subforum ? What purpose it would have ?

You can click on the subforum, and read posts that you want, but this is stupid idea

+BTW why do you follow such thing, when you do not participate ?

Reaction score
    Useless thing, Why would you want to ignore entire subforum ? What purpose it would have ?

You can click on the subforum, and read posts that you want, but this is stupid idea

+BTW why do you follow such thing, when you do not participate ?
    Forums ->New Posts lists new posts (surprise!), regardless of whether you explicitly "watch" a subforum or not. It's that list I'm talking about.

Why should I have to page through dozens of threads I'm not interested in if I could just say "Hey, forum, don't show me anything in ..., I'm generally not interested in that subject."

Same goes for individual threads I may not be interested in, or have lost interest, while I'd still like to see what's going on in the rest of the subforum. Again, this has nothing to do with whether I explicitly "watch" a thread or not, it's a result of the forum-wide search function for new posts.

The subfora would still show up on the overview page, just as the threads would still show up on their respective subforum overview, just not as search results for new posts.

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    I think a filter like this would be a good idea. I personally would not have much use for it, but I don't have much use for many things, so yeah, I support this suggestion.

ZektorSK

Poor boi from northern Hungary ^^
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Forums ->New Posts lists new posts (surprise!), regardless of whether you explicitly "watch" a subforum or not. It's that list I'm talking about.

Why should I have to page through dozens of threads I'm not interested in if I could just say "Hey, forum, don't show me anything in ..., I'm generally not interested in that subject."

Same goes for individual threads I may not be interested in, or have lost interest, while I'd still like to see what's going on in the rest of the subforum. Again, this has nothing to do with whether I explicitly "watch" a thread or not, it's a result of the forum-wide search function for new posts.

The subfora would still show up on the overview page, just as the threads would still show up on their respective subforum overview, just not as search results for new posts.
    Who says you have to use only the News Posts list ? Would it be really hard to just click on Subforum you want, and look for threads you want to check ? There is also Alerts button (flag) which tells you new posts on following threads.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    For me, the Suggestions forum is current marked as 'unread'.
    There are two threads in that forum marked as 'unread'
    One of those threads is yet another post suggesting something already in the game.
    I would very much like to ignore that thread so I don't have to keep coming back and marking it as read.
    Not to mention all the troll postings.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Why bother with the new posts exactly? Go find the threads that interest you and set them to watched.

That page isn't your personal inbox.

Reaction score
    Why bother with the new posts exactly? Go find the threads that interest you and set them to watched.

That page isn't your personal inbox.
    But it is. It runs a search on all threads, and checks whether I have seen them or not. The results are different for you, and everybody else, at any given time. It is where I go to find the threads that interest me.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    But it is. It runs a search on all threads, and checks whether I have seen them or not. The results are different for you, and everybody else, at any given time. It is where I go to find the threads that interest me.
    No it doesn't it's latest posts on ANY thread recently.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    "Justification" for this suggestion aside, I think it's a neat idea, adding filters at least. Could at least help out the moderation team, since looking at a list of new posts is a lot faster than clicking on each thread individually if one were to look for rule breakers.

Reaction score
    works for me
    I have a suspicion that this may have been read as "issue has been resolved", when all I meant is that the current search for new posts does indeed bring up all unread posts since the last visit. The issue itself persists - among those unread posts are many I know I don't want to read, and a way to tell the search engine to ignore individual threads or entire subfora would help immensely.

SiteDev input please?