Idiotplaysgames Q&A session

Do you like cake

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok, so after reading Comr4de 's thread, I decided I should do a Q&A of my own, to answer questions that the community might have for me, and why I should be on the council (nice work btw comrade). I will answer all [relevant] questions two days from now.

Also, I will be doing a LIVE Q&A on the Elwyn Eternity Teamspeak server (voice.elwyneternity.com) Wednesday the 15th at 8pm Eastern Standard Time (New York). So set your alarm clocks England, its going to be a late night for you XD.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Last edited:
    Reactions: aceface

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Who are you and what is this?
    Who is comrad?
    What creations have you made?

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    What's your political postion regarding gigantism ?

When have you started playing ?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is the balance of the starmades content and game mechanics a very important subject to you?
    Will you try to prioritize your council work on analyses/suggestions/solutions regarding these?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    What is the one worst thing in SM that needs to change immediately?

What is the one best thing in SM that should never change?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    If you were elected, and had the ability to choose all other council members, who would you choose? with what priority would you choose them, seeing as the amount of seats on the council isn't published yet.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    If you could choose a certain mass to be most effective in pvp blockwise, what mass would that be?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    IMPORTANT UPDATE:

The start time for tomorrows LIVE Q&A will begin at 5PM EST. Same place.

Format:

I will be reading questions from the forums as well as answering your questions LIVE. I will have a 35 minute timer running as to move things along. Please keep questions relevant, brief, and to the point.

Now, with teamspeak, the way this will work, is if you would like to ask a question, you can poke me and type "question" in the text box (you do this by right clicking on my name and selecting "Poke" then, typing "Question" in the text field.) I will alternate between questions asked in the forums, and those in person.

Thanks for reading! Hope to see you there tomorrow!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'd rather see a forum post answering my questions. Why will it take 2 days to upload an audio recording to YouTube....I uploaded a 480MB movie from my phone a matter of minutes after recording it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'd rather see a forum post answering my questions. Why will it take 2 days to upload an audio recording to YouTube....I uploaded a 480MB movie from my phone a matter of minutes after recording it.
    Irl stuff, and just giving me le-way time. If, the community would like, i will post a transcript of the recording, and post it in the thread

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Irl stuff, and just giving me le-way time. If, the community would like, i will post a transcript of the recording, and post it in the thread
    IRL stuff thats happening immediately after your NOT doing IRL stuff on Teamspeak? Spoken like a true politician. Bravo!

Reactions: idiotplaysgames
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The LIVE interview will begin in 30 minutes. There is a room on elwyn eternity's teamspeak server at the bottom called "Idiotplaysgames Q&A." If you would like to join, please join that room.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1429130979,1429129904][/DOUBLEPOST]10 Minutes!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1429131463][/DOUBLEPOST]5 minutes!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The video of me answering questions has had some technical difficulties. It will be available shortly.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok, so due to youtube being annoying, and me being gone over the weekend, unfortunately, I was unable to upload my Q&A Video. So, I have taken the time to type out that transcript for you guys, and maybe gain a couple votes in the process J

Transcript:

Alrighty. So. It seems as though I am the only one here. Welp, and is 4:00, and I guess ill get started and there is nobody here. Not at all. Isn’t that just fuckin fantastic.

So I guess I’m not going to be answering any questions “live,” just answering some in the forums.

Gristle: PVE or PVP?

Answer: Um, Honestly, I would like to see a combination of both. Because, as far as factions go, they make these gigantic ships, and the servers just can’t flat out support it, and then it just causes issues. As far as players vs environment, we haven’t seen that implemented into the game with the exception of pirates, so it would be interesting to see how that goes. So, as the game goes further along, I would like to see a good combination of both.

Master_Artificer: What creations have you made?

Answer: Well, I’m not a very creative guy. But, I’m currently in production of a Star Destroyer, no class in particular, because I noticed that it doesn’t look any actual class (FML) from the movies. I have also made versions of the V-Wing, and the V-19 Torrent. Sooooo yeah.

Jorgekorke: When did you start playing?

Answer: June 4th, 2013

Skylord Luke (The Legend himself): Survival or Creative? If survival, lone wolf, or in faction?

Answer: Well, I’m actually going to answer both of these. For survival, I would do it in a faction, mainly cause, I enjoy playing with other people and connecting with people. For creative, I’m thinking its going to be kinda the way it is now, but instead of having to spawn in all of your blocks using admin commands, I’m guessing that it will be optimized, I hope its optimized. But, if I had to pick, I would do Survival in a faction.

FullMetalFox: Is the balance of the Starmade’s content and game mechanics a very important subject to you? Will you try to prioritize your council work on analyses/suggestions/solutions regarding these?

Answer: Yup. The balance of Starmade is defiantly not perfect. I mean, its in .19. I think us as a community needs to help make this game better, and that is what the council is for. It’s here to help give the community a louder voice. As far as analyses, suggestions, and what not; even if I don’t get elected to council, I would still like to hear suggestions and give feedback on them. The goal of this council is not to go in with an agenda of what to get put in the game. The purpose is to try to bridge the unfortunate disconnect between the dev team and the community. A lot of great ideas have gotten passed up on, and it sucks to see that happen, and I’m looking to change that.

Gristle: What is the one worst thing in Starmade that needs to change immediately? The best?

Answer: Well lets start with the best. Best: Creativity. By far this game allows players to envision a massive ship in their mind, and put it in this game. Boom. Worst? Hmmmm…that question can’t really be answered right now, just due to the fact that this game isn’t even a version 1. If you expect a development to have no flaws, your nuts. So honestly, that’s just a good question all around.

MegaCrafter127: Who would you like to see on the council with you assuming you got elected?

Answer: So I’m just going to go with 6 people in no specific order. Honestly, we just need people people.

1) Therimmer96

2) SkylordLuke

3) MrFurb

4) CyberTao

5) Dalmont

6) Crusade

Aceface: If you could pick a specific ship mass to be used in PVP, what mass would that be?

Answer: 16k

Thanks for reading.