I like turrets, so . . . I built some

Reaction score
    I like building turrets mainly because they are small and relatively finite builds. I have a range in mind, and a rough size, so they seem relatively easy. Ships on the other hand, not so easy for me.

So, I wanted a big AMC turret for my mobile space platform defence as well as for defence on my planet based station. I saw the big gun from Total Annihilation: Planet, and liked the look of it, so I made a version in-game. It turned out to be bigger than I intended, but it had the range I was after, so I'm happy with it.

Dimensions: 96m L x 26m H x 21m W

Power: 145,534 e/sec (uses base/ship power too)

Shields: 125,795, 4933 s/sec

Range: 2,350m, 22,782 dps, 53,688 e/shot

Cost: 2.9 million credits

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zj5if5cw5xqmltl/Dual_AMC_LR_turret.sment

Just needs some engines to get it to its resting place. I made a "truck" for moving multiple turrets to my base from the shop. Might post that later.

Reaction score
    I liked the look of the WH 40k gauss guns, so made an AMC version for SM. I tend to make the turrets use ship/base power too so that any extra space can go to shields and it helps keep the turret sizes to a more manageable size.

Dimensions: 62m L x 14m H x 17m W

Power: 37,481 e/sec (needs ship/base power too)

Shields: 70,795, 3,205 s/sec

AMC Range: 1,000m, 2,844 dps, 3,300 e/shot

Cost: 800,000 credits

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqi929qgmcqnphi/Heavy_Destroyer_Gauss.sment

Lots of room inside to extend the range.

CES

Reaction score
    Some of the best turrets I have ever seen. Keep up the good work!

Reaction score
    Can haul 4 fairly large ships/turrets at once. It\'s not pretty but it\'s got two decently powerful AMCs, lots of energy, thrust and shields, and it\'s fast enough and agile enough to outrun pirates if need be. Much faster, easier and more efficient to move multiples than fly turrets all the way back from the shops, 1 at a time. Still might add some cheek and roof turrets, just in case.

Reaction score
    Yeah, I liked the original Tron so I tried my hand at a Recognizer. I didn\'t get the ratios completely right but it gets the job done, has decent shields and guns.

Reaction score
    These turrets aren\'t my design, I just saw them, liked them and had a use for them, so I modded them as best I could to get them looking the way they did, and get them into SM.. :)

Reaction score
    This is another turret/cannon I saw a picture of and thought it looked sort of cool, so I made one in SM. Again, bigger than I would have liked but need it to be this size to get the details in.

Dual AMC Heavy Gauss Cannon

Dimensions: 59m L x 19m H x 25m L

Power: 6873 e/sec (definitely relies on ship/base grid)

Shields: 32,696, 1975 s/sec

Dual AMCs: 1,245m range, 7,324 dps, 10,704 e/shot

Cost: ~800,000 credits

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9x2mkisd3pyjd7/Heavy_Gauss_Cannon.sment

The range can easily be increased by removing some of the power and shield blocks, and adding more cannons. Also, the base can be trimmed down a lot if desired by removing much of the base plate and the blast shields, leaving just the centre pedestal section (which is where the core is).

Reaction score
    I made this turret to mount three of them on my mini death star. I wanted it to be low profile with clean lines, so it didn\'t add a lot to the docking size of the ship, plus I wanted it to match the style of the ship. The three turrets track really well and make short work of pirates at closer ranges.

Dual AMC Medium Turret

Dimensions: 30m L x 6m H x 13m W

Power: 42,302, 7070 e/sec

Shields: 11,668, 829 s/sec

Dual AMCs: 640m range, 1,695 dps, 1,428 e/shot

Cost: ~114,000 credits

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5rksg3nru2shwqa/Dual%20AMC%20Death%20Star%20Turret.sment

Turret has some room internally to change the numbers of shields and energy to add more cannons. I made this before I started making the turrets so they used ship energy.

Reaction score
    I decided to make a quad AMC turret with all the output bocks lined up behind each other. The reason being that 4 high power cannons hitting the same block simultaneously is overkill, but once the shields are down, the first shot takes out the block, the 2nd shot takes the block behind the first one, etc. Very good penetration compared to a \"shotgun\" style because they\'re like 4 shiper shots following each other through the same hole.

Large Quad AMC Rail Gun

Dimensions: 104m L x 16m H x 27m W

Power: 95361 e/sec (uses ship/base energy grid too)

Shield: 97620, 4078 s/sec

Quad AMCs: 1200m range, 17428 dps, 29176 e/shot

Cost: 1.8 million credits

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fqbif0qplqe2lo4/Heavy_Quad_Rail_Gun.sment

There\'s room internally to extend the range by removing some shields and power blocks.

Reaction score
    I liked the shape of the barrel off one turret, and the design of a nother turret, so I combined them. A more usable size but still great range.

Large Gauss Rifle

Dimensions: 55m L x 11m H x 17m W

Power: 28174 e/sec (uses a little power from the ship/base)

Shields: 35347, 1903 s/sec,

Single AMC: 1400m range, 4541 dps, 6655 e/shot

Cost: 600,000 credits

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/has8nkaqrz9huuk/LG_Gauss_Rifle.sment

Again, room for interior adjustment to increase the range/dps if desired.

Reaction score
    At first I was like... Wha?? quad rail cannon? But then your explination cleared it up amd makes perfect sense.