i Have two questions on Missile Capacity and the link for Cannon + Missile

Reaction score
    Good Morning all i hope you are all well , Iv been play starmade and been updating my Turrets and Ship with the new updates and come to notices the turret AI witch is link to Cannon + Missile dose not work the turret as a hole works fine just dose not shoot i don't know if its a bug or not set it up correctly .

Also i have been experimenting with Missile Capacity however i don't know how or to link it up too if anyone can help me with this that would be grate

Kind Regards

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    AIs were not able to use the "death ray" lasers, so it's entirely possible they don't know how to use the charge-up cannon as well.

EDIT: Missed your second question. Sorry about that! Missile capacity blocks are not linked. Just place them on your ship or station.

Reaction score
    OK cool as for the Missile Capacity i have done but it look like there no change to the Ships performant would of though that it will incest the amount of shoot fired before reloading i guess that would of made it OP.

thanks for your replay also for got to to ask what is the different between heat and kinetic effect i have been trying to work it out dose it goes on the same function as other game heat effect for hall damage and kinetic for shields ?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    A ridiculous number of capacity blocks are needed to increase the missile supply. I changed those values in my config files so 1 block = 1 extra missile. If you're not on a multi-player server, you may wish to do the same. As for effects, they don't do much right now other than extra damage, unless there are ships using the reactor chambers to reduce a particular sort of damage. I do wish they kept ion, pierce, and punch-through effects, but oh well.

Reaction score
    thanks for the advices of the Missile Supply trick I'm on single player building star wars ship and Stations anyway almost finish Forndor Shipyards :)

Reaction score
    hey Donoterase witch line is it to change for increase Missile Capacity Module so i can edit it ?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm at work at the moment, but I'll crack open the file when I get home. The file is located in Starmade/data/config/blockbehavior.xml, I believe. From there, look for <missilecapacity> tags. I'll look it up when I get home and give you a more definitive answer in a few hours.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Okay. Home again. Go to blockBehaviorConfig.xml--open it in a text editor like notepad. Find the tag <MissileCapacity> then look for the line starting with <MissileCapacityCalcStyle>. Change the "EXP" into "LINEAR". Then drop down to the line with the tag <MissileCapacityPerBlock> and change it to "1". You can also change the base ammo number and how fast the reload speed is, as well. The tags are fairly self-explanatory.

Now, some words of warning. Save your original config file first, so you can revert back if something goes wrong. Then save your changed file as something else, like blockBehaviorConfig200.138.xml or similar. The reason for this is every new update that you install (or auto-install, if you're on Steam) will overwrite your config files.

Sorry to keep you waiting for an answer. I hope it helps!

Reaction score
    Go to blockBehaviorConfig.xml
    Do not edit ./data/config/blockBehaviorConfig.xml directly, as this gets purged every update.

The proper way to do it is to edit (create first, if necessary) ./customBlockBehaviorConfig/customBlockBehaviorConfig.xml, as explained in customBlockBehaviorConfigHOWTO.txt.
    Its contents will get merged with ./data/config/blockBehaviorConfig.xml into a new file ./blockBehaviorConfigMergeResult.xml, taking precedence.
    This way, your changes will persist if and when the game gets updated.
    In case you want to revert your changes, delete your edited file customBlockBehaviorConfig.xml and the generated ./blockBehaviorConfigMergeResult.xml.

The same goes for changes to the other config files, eg. BlockConfig.xml, FactionConfig.xml, etc.

Any custom changes will of course mean that ships you download from the Community Content section will behave differently, as will all ships you upload there for people who don't have your custom changes.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Use of the "custom"-anything files resulted in my game crashing. So do whichever works best for you. Either way, definitely make sure your work is saved first.

Reaction score
    OK thanks all For your help , I had a look in the custom edit but there no line that says power or shields ect if i wanted to edit them can i no just copy the mane text in the original file and past it in the Custom one ?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yeah, that's part of the confusion. You have to keep all the nested tags intact. For instance, changing the missile capacity blocks looks something like:
    <MissileCapacity>
    <BasicValues>
    <MissileCapacityCalcStyle>LINEAR</MissileCapacityCalcStyle>
    <MissileCapacityPerBlock>1.0</MissileCapacityPerBlock>
    </BasicValues>
    </MissileCapacity>

Yeah, confusing. I know. It's part of the reason I simply adjust the main config files to numbers I want and save backups of the original and the modified versions. It's simpler for to do it that way, but not everyone sees it that way. Anyway, hope that helps.

Reaction score
    A ridiculous number of capacity blocks are needed to increase the missile supply. I changed those values in my config files so 1 block = 1 extra missile. If you're not on a multi-player server, you may wish to do the same. As for effects, they don't do much right now other than extra damage, unless there are ships using the reactor chambers to reduce a particular sort of damage. I do wish they kept ion, pierce, and punch-through effects, but oh well.
    I just tested (by slapping a small number of missile capacity blocks onto the rear end of an little Isanth, starting with a few hundred and going up to about 1200) and as far as I can tell this is pure nonsense and there is nothing at all wrong with the game's default settings for missile capacity blocks.

Note that (as far as I know) the entire point of the missile capacity blocks was to prevent stupid people from killing servers with massive amounts of lag (by launching hundreds of pathetic/weak missiles per second) and prevent these people from ruining the "missiles vs. anti-missile turrets" balance; and encourage people to use a fewer more powerful missiles instead.

In other words; I think you're just trying to make Weapons 2.0 as broken as Weapons 1.0 was because you're used to the game being unplayable and don't want to learn how to use Weapons 2.0 properly.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    In other words; I think you're just trying to make Weapons 2.0 as broken as Weapons 1.0 was because you're used to the game being unplayable and don't want to learn how to use Weapons 2.0 properly.
    Ah, yes. Educate myself. Or... perhaps I tried it, didn't like it, and modified it to something I preferred? Not everyone has to like vanilla ice cream. You do you. The OP had questions. I brought answers and ventured my personal opinion. The OP plays on single player, and I play only with my son, of whom shares my opinion there was no need for a weapons OR a power update. The update is here, I am making the best of it, and when I'm done with my pet project, I'll be leaving StarMade and darkening your doorway no more. In the meantime, you can take your shaming talk and castigation elsewhere, Qweesdy.