I have a problem

Reaction score
    Ok, basically I have a problem where I can't join servers. I can't join public of private ones. So I cant play. Here is how it starts. I downloaded the file on march 27 and I did buy the game. First, I open the launcher and get a NumberFormatException message. I close it and the launcher opens. Then I get asked if I want to update. I can't update because it always ends up in version 15 anyway. I say no and get the NumberFormatException message. Then I open the game and after loading, it takes me to the main menu. Then, whenever I play a universe, it will load fully and then close. I hope this is enough info.

Oh btw, whenever I get the new launcher. It just shows me a file that looks like a graph. I would like any help I could get. Thanks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Ok, basically I have a problem where I can't join servers. I can't join public of private ones. So I cant play. Here is how it starts. I downloaded the file on march 27 and I did buy the game. First, I open the launcher and get a NumberFormatException message. I close it and the launcher opens. Then I get asked if I want to update. I can't update because it always ends up in version 15 anyway. I say no and get the NumberFormatException message. Then I open the game and after loading, it takes me to the main menu. Then, whenever I play a universe, it will load fully and then close. I hope this is enough info.

Oh btw, whenever I get the new launcher. It just shows me a file that looks like a graph. I would like any help I could get. Thanks
    What computer do you have?

What version are you downloading from the launcher (options and repair - > download normal)?

Try re-downloading the launcher and see what happens...

Is this the beta launcher?

Can you play on local universes?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    i usually take that warning message you described as i'm not connected to an internet connection

[EDIT]: it only ever appears when im not connected so i click exit and then start game

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    did you follow my suggestions i made in your first thread about the problem ?

Unable to play
    Yes, but it just took me to a launcher file and I don't know which program to open it with.

What computer do you have?

What version are you downloading from the launcher (options and repair - > download normal)?

Try re-downloading the launcher and see what happens...

Is this the beta launcher?

Can you play on local universes?
    Windows 9
    64bit
    i did but i don't know which program to open it with
    yes
    no

i usually take that warning message you described as i'm not connected to an internet connection

[EDIT]: it only ever appears when im not connected so i click exit and then start game
    I have connection

Reaction score
    • Tester
    i am not sure if you are trolling or not !
    for your sake i assume not.

anyway ...
    double click it to open the archive ... it should show up in an explorer window ... Windows is by default able to open zip archives.
    in there is a folder named starmade-launcher-win32-x64 drag and drop that to a folder that is save from the OS
    (for that create a folder at c:/Starmade) for example.
    in there is a file named starmade-launcher.exe. create a shortcut for that on the desktop if you like and start it then.
    then accept then end user license.
    on next screen then use the browse button (or enter the path manually) and set the path to the folder you did create earlier
    choose continue till the login screen .. either skip there or enter the Login information.
    i recommend to login with your starmade dock account and set to remember the login.
    then hit update and install the game (make sure Build type is release and Build version is Latest)

if this isnt working for you ... search for a friend who can make sense with this instructions please.

Reaction score
    i am not sure if you are trolling or not !
    for your sake i assume not.

anyway ...
    double click it to open the archive ... it should show up in an explorer window ... Windows is by default able to open zip archives.
    in there is a folder named starmade-launcher-win32-x64 drag and drop that to a folder that is save from the OS
    (for that create a folder at c:/Starmade) for example.
    in there is a file named starmade-launcher.exe. create a shortcut for that on the desktop if you like and start it then.
    then accept then end user license.
    on next screen then use the browse button (or enter the path manually) and set the path to the folder you did create earlier
    choose continue till the login screen .. either skip there or enter the Login information.
    i recommend to login with your starmade dock account and set to remember the login.
    then hit update and install the game (make sure Build type is release and Build version is Latest)

if this isnt working for you ... search for a friend who can make sense with this instructions please.
    Ok, it workd. Sorry for troubling you. Thanks. I was not trolling.