Hyperion Navy Shipyard - Imperial Cruiser WIP

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    EDIT: Also finally decided to become semi-active on these forums, yay?
    This is going to be the thread for things I decide to make, I guess. I'm working on a ship right now, and I'll provide pictures and stuff soon.

Imperial Cruiser (Will have a name at some point)
    It's intended to be a large ship with heavy caliber weapons, with broadside in mind. Although depending on how it manuevers, It may not be a broadside ship. I'm designing it with Warhammer 40K in mind, and going with that theme.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=571533500 I'm working on the sides of the ship right now, It's going well, I guess. What do you think of the tiny bit so far?
    I added some more things. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=572071939

Last edited:
    Reactions: Master_Artificer

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    May I suggest using Cannon+Pulse+Explosive for the Macro cannons?

It also works great as MAC cannons or Cannon+Beam+Pierce for railguns :P

Lances? Beam+Beam or Beam+Pulse, depending on the look you want :)

Good luck

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was just thinking of lots of missiles clustered together to have the feel of some heavy hitting fusion lance. I'd use beams, but the range is atrocious.

As for looks though, I want the ship to look remotely decent before I start adding guns.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    adding the beam secondary to any primary increases the range and damage but reduces reload.

Gives beams the reach, and they already have hitscan soooo...

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Holy shit, that thing's going to be humongous. I applaud you for your ambition! Have you decided on which sub-type you're going for?

I'd go with beam-beam-punch for the lances. Granted, the range is still shit even with secondary beams, but I think they'd be best in the look-feel department. With punch-though they can puncture even advanced armour quite efficiently, and correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't armour penetration essentially the hat of WH40k lance weaponry?