Hunters Starmade Server - New

Reaction score
    Hi Everyone, just wanted to introduce my open public server.

198.178.122.174:4242

Public Server 100 Slots - dedicated dual quad clan server 48G DDR3, 1gbps line. Server is operated on a high end dedicated server out of Tampa Florida without limits (not a VPS). Currently providing 5mb bandwidth transfers up and down to each connected player.

Active Admins
    Starting Credits 250,000
    Top Speed: 300km
    Player Catalog Slots: 25
    Protect Start Section: Yes
    Shops Restock: Yes
    Upload Skin: Yes
    Buy Blueprints with Blocks: False - We use Credits
    Local Blueprints: Blueprint Upload is allowed
    Player Death / 40% Credits and Blocks

Rules - Do not land large vessels greater than 300,000 blocks on planets or theymay be removed from the server, it causes lag. No deliberate collisions or ramming of ships etc.

PVE / PVP is allowed, faction up our go solo it is up to you.

Have Fun,

Hunter

www.hunters7days.com ts.hunters7days.com

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Just tried the server out.

I\'m mostly a single player guy, but I get board with playing in My sandbox sometimes, so I\'ve been poking around the multiplayer servers out there, and so far yours is the closest to getting the Fatboy seal of approval.

1: Speed. Speed is good. A lot of servers don\'t realize this, and have awful low speed caps \"for netcode reasons\". This invalidates small, fast ships and makes it a real bitch to get out of a rough situation. On your server I was enjoying glorious 300 kph! Lag-free!

2: NPC pirates. A lot of servers don\'t have these, which deprives new players of a vital source of parts and loot, and makes the game in general stale as hell. I\'m happy to report I ran into, and had a great fight against, a few dozen NPC\'c on your server.

2a: Pirate design: You are one of the few servers who have designed their npc baddies sensibly. Other server\'s npcs are usually overpowered deathblocks that are impossible (In the usual groups of six-to-twelve) for new or small starfighter players to go up against, and are a bitch-and-a-half to fight for mid-sized craft. I had a good, challenging, but not retarded fight against a few of your pirate frigates. Good show!

3: SPEED GOOD.

4: no lag. Everything ran silky smooth, no problems.

5: SPEED GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

One little thing: I found that uploading blueprints from My local catalog wasn\'t alowed. Any chance of that being reconsidered? Sure, you\'ll get the munchkins uploading thier 20k mass wang-extension lagships, but a lot of us dig flying around in our ships, and don\'t want to go through the trouble of rebuilding them block-by-block. (My ships of choice when starting out on a new server are a little 60 mass starfighter, a 200 mass gunship, and My 4000 mass light carrier)

In short: Good server, keep it up.

Reaction score
    Hi Major, thanks for good words. I have spent some time looking at the settings to make the game viable. The local blueprints is a clear oversight. It was my intent that local uploads are allowed to the server, it will be fixed this morning by 10am est.

I\'m at work, but can RDP to my server remote from here. Look forward to seeing you in game, and we are open to ideas from the community.

Thanks,

Hunter

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Just had a quick spin on the server, local bp uploads working, I\'ve got My starfighter!

Achievement unlocked: Fatboy seal of approval. (Well, actually it\'s not so much a seal as a lump of old pizza sauce, but it looks like a seal)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is the best server I have ever played in during my time in starmade, excellent job with it

Reaction score
    Ill be glad to check this out >:D BTW Opening applications for staff?

Reaction score
    as a fellow server owner id like to congratulate you on getting started!

if you need a hand with anything or have a few questions/problems give me a shout and ill see what i can do for you.

Reaction score
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments and yes we are accepting members and those members all have a chance to become mods or admins.

You can come to our forums at www.hunters7days.com, we also host 7 Days to Die servers and have been since August, you can view our server info at our forums or by clicking the 7 days to die link at www.starmade-servers.com

We also host about 7 other games on our clan server, registering to the forums will give you access to those.

Thanks,

Hunter

Reaction score
    Hi everyone, just a note that I have lowered friction and I have some of the guys building a warp gate. Anyone who is interested in seeing can jump over to Blackawks base and take a peek or meet up with him in game.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    And the question on everyone\'s mind is: Gee! how did you lower the friction!?!

Better bring a towel.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Yes, We had an incident last night with a spawn killer. Myself, Blackhawk, and at least one other player were heading to spawn at our best speeds to deal with the perpetrator, but as it turns out the poor dumb so-and-so had shot at the trading guild\'s shop, and got his fudge pushed in by the trading guild\'s npc ships right before We got there.

It\'s a public server, griefers are going to happen, but just call for help over chat, and you will find that there are plenty of friendly players who will (eventually) head to spawn and dish out some justice. There\'s often an admin monitoring the chat line as well, and they are none to fond of griefers.

Reaction score
    Yes, turns out we had a griefer but as in all things ppl get whats coming to them. Spawn killing in the safe zone is not allowed, anyone deliberately spawn killing will be banned permanently via ip across all of our public and private clan servers

Reaction score
    Would prefer turrets only, as ai is pretty accurate and drones will create more of a problem than they are worth atm.