Read by Council Hull simplification for shapes

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    What if instead of having to carve corners, and tetras, and whatnot from solid hull blocks through crafting and factories, you had just the hull block of that color. It would work exactly like it does now, but without that one crafting step, and there would only be one counter, rather than five, per each stack of each color & hardness of hull. This way you don't have you worry about making more corners, when you have plenty of wedges.

Short version: have each kind of hull as a resource, rather than each type AND shape as it's own resource. You just have to keep scrolling to get that other shape.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I like this idea. It takes a little of the monotony out of hull crafting. I also think they should go ahead and allow us to do the same thing with colors. Having hull color and shape all inclusive of just one inventory item would make things so much simpler and easier on game play.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think having all shapes and color in one slot would get annoying to go through to find the right one. That and paint cans are amazing for decoration.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I think having all shapes and color in one slot would get annoying to go through to find the right one. That and paint cans are amazing for decoration.
    I agree.
    But you know in advanced build mode where you can pick what slab size you want?
    there should be separate slider for color.

This is my last post about color, I promise. The last thing that I want to do is to hijack your thread.

I really like your idea, whether it includes color or not, and I hope it gets implemented. :)

Reaction score
    I hate making factories for the different kinds of hull shapes.
    I support because this would make ship building so much simpler for the player.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don't even bother using different factories for different hull shapes.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yup. This suggestion gets thrown around a lot in a whole slew of different threads. I've always said it should go a step further though, and do away with colored blocks as well. That way we only need 4 hull blocks taking up inventory space. Basic, Standard, Advanced, and Crystal.

The current system isn't good.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Lets keep color out of this thread. Not to be mean, but if you want to talk about doing this, or something similar with color, please make a different thread.
    Edited title to reflect this.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I maintain that it's silly to discuss simplifying shape and not color, since there are people on both sides who always argue for one or the other. And because I'm absolutely certain that nobody could make a reasonable argument that could not be applied to defend both solutions equally, the only logical conclusion is to argue for both, for innumerable reasons.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like the simplification.

Leave the slider to be used for thickness for the other shapes in the future should they choose to add that feature.

All shapes can be cycled through by pressing the corresponding hotbar button till the shape desired is selected.

One recipe per type and color: white basic matter, white standard matter, white advanced matter, white crystal matter.

Reactions: HellishEnt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Leave the slider to be used for thickness for the other shapes in the future should they choose to add that feature.

All shapes can be cycled through by pressing the corresponding hotbar button till the shape desired is selected.

One recipe per type and color: white basic matter, white standard matter, white advanced matter, white crystal matter.
    Yeah this is pretty much just a better way to say what I meant.

Also I think we should keep icons how they are, just so you can look at the hotbar and see "I currently have corners selected" that and so that a minimum would have to be changed for this to be implemented.

To anyone out there:
    Is there any sort of reason this cannot, or should not be implemented?
    Is there some way we can get this higher up than "Read by Council"?​

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah this is pretty much just a better way to say what I meant.

Also I think we should keep icons how they are, just so you can look at the hotbar and see "I currently have corners selected" that and so that a minimum would have to be changed for this to be implemented.

To anyone out there:
    Is there any sort of reason this cannot, or should not be implemented?
    Is there some way we can get this higher up than "Read by Council"?​
    Maybe if you try this method: