Bug Huge chunk/block loading/visual issue.

Reaction score
    I just got back into the game after a bit of a break since I got a different video card (changed from an NVIDIA to AMD) , and I was happy to see that the solid white boxes on selected sectors is gone, but now I have a bigger game-breaking issue...

All things seem to be really messed up visually. Stations, asteroids, and ships only display properly when right next to them. Planets are buggy even when I am standing right on top of a problem area.
    It seems like there is always a ghost asteroid at the center of mass of all objects as well when moving away. I have tried to repair the game through steam and the launcher, and tried reinstalling as well.
    I really am not sure how to describe what is happening, so here's some examples of what's going on.
    I can provide more info if needed, just not sure what to add.

Moving away from an asteroid.
    2015-11-28_00002.jpg

Viewing the ship I started working on from a distance. (that is supposed to be a solid block in the back)
    2015-11-25_00002.jpg

Pretty close to a planet (all the white is just from the atmosphere). Even close up there is much missing.
    2015-11-28_00012.jpg

Looking at a shop.
    2015-11-25_00005.jpg 2015-11-25_00006.jpg

Looking at a nearby ship.
    2015-11-28_00009.jpg

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I just got back into the game after a bit of a break since I got a different video card (changed from an NVIDIA to AMD) , and I was happy to see that the solid white boxes on selected sectors is gone, but now I have a bigger game-breaking issue...

All things seem to be really messed up visually. Stations, asteroids, and ships only display properly when right next to them. Planets are buggy even when I am standing right on top of a problem area.
    It seems like there is always a ghost asteroid at the center of mass of all objects as well when moving away. I have tried to repair the game through steam and the launcher, and tried reinstalling as well.
    I really am not sure how to describe what is happening, so here's some examples of what's going on.
    I can provide more info if needed, just not sure what to add.

Moving away from an asteroid.
    View attachment 18920

Viewing the ship I started working on from a distance. (that is supposed to be a solid block in the back)
    View attachment 18921

Pretty close to a planet (all the white is just from the atmosphere). Even close up there is much missing.
    View attachment 18922

Looking at a shop.
    View attachment 18924 View attachment 18923

Looking at a nearby ship.
    View attachment 18925
    This is gonna sound weird but uh... what temps is your GPU hitting while you're playing StarMade? Run MSI Afterburner and record the temps under load. Some of these GPU problems remind me of when my old mobo tanked and the RAM and GPU stopped functioning correctly. Check your Event Viewer for any AMD errors as well.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    please check if Settings -> show Advanced Settings the option "use Frame Buffer" is toggled to "on"

If that isnt helping please add settings.cfg and grafcisinfo.txt from starmade/logs and what OS and exact GPU is it you are using.

Reaction score
    Well all the Frame Buffer setting seemed to do was mess up my plant textures :c
    2015-11-28_00021.jpg

I cannot seem to upload my settings.cfg file... I get an error saying "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension."

I am using Windows 7, and my card is an 'AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series'
    I hope that is right, i'm bad at pc stuff sorry >_<

Oh and my card seems to run as cool as my old one, even though it is a little stronger it does have a fan whereas my old one did not.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Tester
    just make a copy of the cfg and rename it to .txt before uploading it .. its a txt anyway ;)
    i will then try to use that setting file to replicate on my R9 280X (that is a HD7970 basically and therefore somewhat compare able to a HD7700)
    there are new AMD drivers available (4 day old crimson driver pack), may be worth a try.
    and the planet thing .. did that happen on a local fame or on multiplayer conection ?

Reaction score
    The planet thing happens on both singleplayer and multiplayer.

Thank you very much for the support btw ^^

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Tester
    sorry to tell you but those settings are working fine for me.
    lets try a few changes :
    http://prntscr.com/97xuzx
    increase view distance to 3-5000
    turn shadows off
    turn normal etc . maps on

if neither of those do help in anyway ... redownload the game
    http://files.star-made.org/build/ last one on that list
    unzip and overwrite the whole install with the zip content.

after that i am out of ideas and you would have to make a support ticket
    (they may ask the same questions again)
    Or you GPU is broken :/

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Oh and my card seems to run as cool as my old one, even though it is a little stronger it does have a fan whereas my old one did not.
    How "cool" did your old GPU run? Are we talking 20-30C under load (would be difficult without liquid cooling)? 40-50C? 60+?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I really hope it's not my GPU. Seems to run great with every other game I play.
    An issue with your GPU =/= your GPU being broken, fortunately. It could be a weird issue with your motherboard's north bridge, or software issues (check Tomshardware to make sure your GPU isn't one of the weird ones that requires a legacy driver to function best!), it could be that it's not fully seated in the PCI slot...

Reaction score
    sorry to tell you but those settings are working fine for me.
    lets try a few changes :
    http://prntscr.com/97xuzx
    increase view distance to 3-5000
    turn shadows off
    turn normal etc . maps on

if neither of those do help in anyway ... redownload the game
    http://files.star-made.org/build/ last one on that list
    unzip and overwrite the whole install with the zip content.

after that i am out of ideas and you would have to make a support ticket
    (they may ask the same questions again)
    Or you GPU is broken :/
    I tried those and they did not help any. :c
    I think I will just give up for now, find something else to play.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1448754136,1448754094][/DOUBLEPOST]And the GPU itself should work fine. Took it out of the other pc we have here and it never had an issue there.

serge1944

Grand Admiral of The Infection Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Hello,
    I already had problems like that what fixed it was reinstaling starmade.

Reaction score
    FIXED!

I was sure that I had already gone through changing every option possible, but apparently I skipped over something....
    All I had to do was disable MultiDraw Optimization in the in-game menu and everything is back to normal. =_=

2015-12-10_00002.jpg 2015-12-10_00003.jpg
    [DOUBLEPOST=1449743591,1449743512][/DOUBLEPOST]Really glad that I don't have to stop playing Starmade ^^

Reaction score
    • Tester
    hmmm .. interessting ... not happened on my AMD GPU with you imported settings.

HD 7700 is the exact version of your card ? or is it some other type ? just asking for futire reverences :)