How to repair the HP of a ship? (COnsole commands or otherwise)

Reaction score
    Okay, so this isn't "Noob 101: Shipyards or Astrotech Beams". This is an honest question, as it's irking me. While building a ship in singleplayer, Pirates attacked and 'happened' to be flying one of my bigger ship designs. I wasn't 100% finished with the ship, however it was FAR too much along to reset and start over.

The ship's at "basically" 100% in terms of it's block count again, but there's a lot of blocks that have HP damage, and can visibly be seen as having damage.

The problem is that saving it as a blueprint/ reloading doesn't restore the HP. Nor does using a shipyard to create a design, and rebuild it. IT seems like the damaged blocks are 'baked' into the blueprint (WHY IS THAT A THING?!) and... can anyone please help?

Reaction score
    Reboot the ship systems.
    That's not what I mean.

I'm referring to the damaged blocks (IE, visibly damaged/ cracked armor/ hull blocks, and system blocks). Please refrain from making idiot responses, when I made it pretty clear that I'm not so noobish as to not know what rebooting a ship does.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    if you use the build replace tool to essentially replace the damaged blocks with the same blocks, it should replace the damaged blocks with new ones.

Also it's usually not a good idea to call a site admin an idiot

Reaction score
    Can't you reboot, then fly to a shop for repair?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You can only repair a ship from a premade Blueprint of the undamaged ship. If you are building on single player than make sure you do so in a protected sector or turn AI universe simulation off all together. Now you learned to make Blueprints at regular intervals we have all been there.

sector_chmod
    DESCRIPTION: Changes the sector mode: example '/sector_chmod 8 8 8 + peace', available modes are 'peace'(no enemy spawn), 'protected'(no attacking possible), 'noenter'(disables entering sector), 'noexit'(disables leaving sector), 'noindications'(disables hud indicators), 'nofploss'(disables faction point loss)
    PARAMETERS: SectorX(Integer), SectorY(Integer), SectorZ(Integer), +/-(String), peace/protected/noenter/noexit/noindications/nofploss(String)
    EXAMPLE: /sector_chmod 10 12 15 + protected

Notice the space between the + and protected do not use +protected. The server will confirm the change if you typed the command correctly.

In the server.cfg

ENABLE_SIMULATION = false //Universe AI simulation [restart required]

it's usually not a good idea to call a site admin an idiot
    Nah it is a perfectly legit remark. :ROFLMAO::censored::-p

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, you can restore the hp damage at a shop by spending credits, but to fix the blocks you need to replace them manually if you don't have an intact blueprint.

You can use the remove/replace tool to do that quickly, or you can do it by hand.

Its also a very good idea to save your blueprints after you finish working on them every single day. I usually tag mine with _WIP on the end. That way if something does screw up, I can easily revert back to my blueprint and only lose at most a day of work (and usually I save to blueprint whenever I finish anything remotely time consuming for that very reason).

Reaction score
    Yeah, you can restore the hp damage at a shop by spending credits, but to fix the blocks you need to replace them manually if you don't have an intact blueprint.

You can use the remove/replace tool to do that quickly, or you can do it by hand.

Its also a very good idea to save your blueprints after you finish working on them every single day. I usually tag mine with _WIP on the end. That way if something does screw up, I can easily revert back to my blueprint and only lose at most a day of work (and usually I save to blueprint whenever I finish anything remotely time consuming for that very reason).
    Thanks all. I ended up just reverting to an earlier save and re-doing what I needed to do. (My ship isn't SO big that it takes more than few days... I'm horrible at designing intricate things lmao)
    [doublepost=1483758709,1483758332][/doublepost]
    if you use the build replace tool to essentially replace the damaged blocks with the same blocks, it should replace the damaged blocks with new ones.

Also it's usually not a good idea to call a site admin an idiot
    Weeeell, when their response to a question is a short, almost trolly statement that was already explained IN the topic to not be the issue, you can't help but call someone an idiot. It's the kind of response you'd expect from a very basic, low-paid Tech support.

Example:
    "Uhm... right, the box is smoking and it won't turn on? Have you tried unplugging it for 10 seconds and plugging it back in? What about pressing the Reset Button? ... The button isn't working? Okay. I'll schedule a technician who actually knows what the fuck he's doing to help."

Also, build/replace tool? I'm not quite sure what you mean, largely due to not knowing it by that name. I use build MODE, but the problem came in the fact that there were hard-to-find internal bricks that were damaged, and thus were hard to replace. Ultimately I just gave up and reverted to an older 'wip' blueprint of it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Sorry, I skimmed over the post lol, my bad.

A while back you could remove the blocks and hit undo to replace them with in an undamaged state, maybe try this? I'm unsure if it'll still work, since it was/is a bug.

You could also try mass replacing the blocks of the ship, say going from grey armor to pink armour, then back to grey again to repair damaged blocks.

Good luck!
    [doublepost=1483772837,1483772641][/doublepost]Edit: I should point out that when I say replace, I'm referring to the advanced build replace/remove tool.
    Hold ctrl and look at the right side of your screen, towards the bottom of the advanced build panel there will be a small button for a remove/replace filter.

Reaction score
    Posting in this thread - since it's the most recent one relating to armor repair.

I understand that Armor HP can only be repaired with credits at a shop (is that right?)

But this is the message that comes up after damaging armor & making any alteration to that ship:

"Stations will repair all armor on reboot" ???
    I docked to a station, rebooted, nothing. (the damaged armor was on a docked part of the ship, not main).
    any ideas?

Also, the Astrotech only repairs the Block HP not Armor HP - kinda useless.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Okay, so this isn't "Noob 101: Shipyards or Astrotech Beams". This is an honest question, as it's irking me. While building a ship in singleplayer, Pirates attacked and 'happened' to be flying one of my bigger ship designs. I wasn't 100% finished with the ship, however it was FAR too much along to reset and start over.

The ship's at "basically" 100% in terms of it's block count again, but there's a lot of blocks that have HP damage, and can visibly be seen as having damage.

The problem is that saving it as a blueprint/ reloading doesn't restore the HP. Nor does using a shipyard to create a design, and rebuild it. IT seems like the damaged blocks are 'baked' into the blueprint (WHY IS THAT A THING?!) and... can anyone please help?
    Ok, going to tell you the easiest way to do this. Probably going to get labeled an exploit in short order.
    Use the block editing tool. Create a nice red box the size of what you want to repair. Delete it then click the button undo.
    The undo command remembers block types, meta and everything it doesn't store damage data though.
    So you can pretty much make a box the covers large chunks of the ship and repair it in seconds.
    You still have to fill in missing blocks though. But this will repair and replace damaged blocks.

Reaction score
    Posting in this thread - since it's the most recent one relating to armor repair.

I understand that Armor HP can only be repaired with credits at a shop (is that right?)

But this is the message that comes up after damaging armor & making any alteration to that ship:

"Stations will repair all armor on reboot" ???
    I docked to a station, rebooted, nothing. (the damaged armor was on a docked part of the ship, not main).
    any ideas?

Also, the Astrotech only repairs the Block HP not Armor HP - kinda useless.
    You don't reboot it through the normal means. It's an option in the shop menu if I remember right

Reaction score
    You don't reboot it through the normal means. It's an option in the shop menu if I remember right
    I was referring to the "Stations will repair all armor on reboot" line specifically - either misleading, poorly written, or an artifact of past or planned feature.
    Any station is not/(does not have) a shop.
    A shop is/(located at) the station.

It should be said everywhere and anywhere relating to repairing that "Replenishing/Repairing Armor HP can only be done by shops"

EDIT: It just struck me... Perhaps they meant "Stations will repair their own armor on reboot" ? (whereas I thought it meant any station will repair a ship's armor, presumably if docked & then a ship is rebooted...). Anyways, that line simply needs a slight change so as not to mislead someone like me.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I was referring to the "Stations will repair all armor on reboot" line specifically - either misleading, poorly written, or an artifact of past or planned feature.
    Any station is not/(does not have) a shop.
    A shop is/(located at) the station.

It should be said everywhere and anywhere relating to repairing that "Replenishing/Repairing Armor HP can only be done by shops"

EDIT: It just struck me... Perhaps they meant "Stations will repair their own armor on reboot" ? (whereas I thought it meant any station will repair a ship's armor, presumably if docked & then a ship is rebooted...). Anyways, that line simply needs a slight change so as not to mislead someone like me.
    I just went and double checked, it appears I was incorrect on one point. I thought that armor repair through a shop did a reboot countdown too, but it doesn't. So, yes, quite confusing verbiage.