1. 15th of October, 2019: SMD is currently under maintenance, the site may go down while we are working on it. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    2. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software.

How to preventing repeating signals

Discussion in 'Logic' started by ProfDriftwood, Feb 26, 2018.

1. ProfDriftwood

Hello, I made a harpoon the other day that uses an area trigger to know when to activate a door. What I wanted was for the area trigger to turn the door on, but for repeat signals from the area trigger to do nothing, such that it would stay turned on until a signal from a different source came in. Using just logic blocks, I got stumped.

This is what I ended up doing:[​IMG]

The signal from the area controller moves the rail at the top to a position to turn on the activation module, which turns on the door. That way, repeated signals only tell the rail to go the same direction, and do not interfere. A second signal moves the top rail to the other side, deactivating the door. Is there a way to do this without a docked entity? IT seems like it should be possible, if not easier, but I couldn't come up with a solution that would disable the area trigger after first use.

2. MrGrey1

starmade-screenshot-0142.png
      left button -> left And -> FlipFlop
      right button -> right And -> FlipFlop.
      FlipFlop -> left And
      FlipFlop -> Not
      Not -> right And.

• Like Like x 1
    3. ProfDriftwood

Gotcha. That makes sense. Thank you very much!