How to play with Intel Graphics

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So I jsut got a new computer with intel graphics, and starmade told me to update the graphics drivers. I did, and it still won't work. is there any way to play with Intel graphics?

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    I play with intel HD...
    what is your system ?
    have you update drivers from official intel website or by "windows" ?

Zerefette

<|°_°|>
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So I jsut got a new computer with intel graphics, and starmade told me to update the graphics drivers. I did, and it still won't work. is there any way to play with Intel graphics?
    Define "New computer".

OfficialCoding

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I play with intel HD...
    what is your system ?
    have you update drivers from official intel website or by "windows" ?
    WHat are you supposed to do? get the driver from windows or Intel?

Skwidz

turtleStew
    Reaction score
    Reactions: Sachys

OfficialCoding

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Go to Intel's website, look up the type of graphics you have, then download the drivers for it.

I'm not sure how those questions are important but it would help a bit if we knew the exact type of graphics you are running.
    No matter. A factory reset fixed my problem. put the original drivers back on.

Reactions: MacThule and Skwidz
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Good to know - I'll have to try that with my laptop.

Currently I can only run SM on my desktop, which severely limits my playtime. Even though my laptop handles substantial graphics loads with other games SM refuses to even try to run on it. Had the exact same issue of being told to update drivers, attempting a half dozen different updates and strategies to get it to play, and SM still refusing. I'll try resetting the graphics drivers to factory original later and post here if it works.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    A general bit of advice:
    Make sure you dont use any form of update utility - either trying to update drivers through windows (as mentioned above) nor through intels own update utility, steam and so on, they ALWAYS mess it up.

That said, what kind of intel is it? - 4000, 5500 etc?

OfficialCoding

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    A general bit of advice:
    Make sure you dont use any form of update utility - either trying to update drivers through windows (as mentioned above) nor through intels own update utility, steam and so on, they ALWAYS mess it up.

That said, what kind of intel is it? - 4000, 5500 etc?
    I got Intel HD Graphics 4600. I don't remember what I had before the reset though.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    I got Intel HD Graphics 4600. I don't remember what I had before the reset though.
    As long as your settings arent too silly (and you're not loading in titans / too many entities at once), you should be able to play then.

OfficialCoding

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    As long as your settings arent too silly (and you're not loading in titans / too many entities at once), you should be able to play then.
    Oh yeah I get like 40 FPS. I do have a titan I'm working on - roughly 100 x 100 x 100 with 5 block thick armour. and i get 30 FPS when I lock it at 30 FPS.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    The thing is for updating drivers I can never find the dang things on those sites and always end up with the wrong ones, hence why I use a Driver Updater to do it. >.>

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    The thing is for updating drivers I can never find the dang things on those sites and always end up with the wrong ones, hence why I use a Driver Updater to do it. >.>
    I used to have an easier time getting drivers, but I think they've gotten worse about making them accessible precisely because they expect people to use the updater.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    I used to have an easier time getting drivers, but I think they've gotten worse about making them accessible precisely because they expect people to use the updater.
    It helps when the updater is up to date and doesn't decide to install last century's version of the drivers. >.>