How to modify recipes on local servers?

Reaction score
    edit: Problem solved by larger asteroids.

------------

Sorry if it doesn't belong here, but I'm new and didn't see another place for basic questions.

Is there a way to change stock recipes on local servers? I mostly care about the amount of capsules you get from refining a ressource-block. Instead of just 5, I want to speed it a bit up.

Last edited:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    There are many ways to speed it up.
    Build a miner which eats asteroids in 20 seconds.
    Claim the territory to get mining bonus.
    Build mining bonus chamber on your miner ship (pre release) and refining bonus on your factory.

But there is a server.cfg setting for:
    ASTEROID_RADIUS_MAX = 64 //Asteroid max radius in blocks (from -x to +x)
    ASTEROID_RESOURCE_SIZE = 2.5 //Average diameter of resource veins in asteroids
    ASTEROID_RESOURCE_CHANCE = 0.01 //Chance per block to place a new resource vein (1.0 = 100%)​
    in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\StarMade\StarMade\server.cfg

This is probably better than changing a dozen recipes.

Reactions: Temeter

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, if it taking too many resources is the problem, you can tweak the territory mining bonus higher to get you more raw mats with less effort.

Or if its just "this stuff takes too long to process", you can handle that in-game without editing things by putting factory enhancers on your refinery to increase how many capsules it makes per tick. Once I'm set up, I usually have a thousand or more enhancers on my main refinery.

Reaction score
    There are many ways to speed it up.
    Build a miner which eats asteroids in 20 seconds.
    Claim the territory to get mining bonus.
    Build mining bonus chamber on your miner ship (pre release) and refining bonus on your factory.

But there is a server.cfg setting for:
    ASTEROID_RADIUS_MAX = 64 //Asteroid max radius in blocks (from -x to +x)
    ASTEROID_RESOURCE_SIZE = 2.5 //Average diameter of resource veins in asteroids
    ASTEROID_RESOURCE_CHANCE = 0.01 //Chance per block to place a new resource vein (1.0 = 100%)​
    in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\StarMade\StarMade\server.cfg

This is probably better than changing a dozen recipes.
    Actually, I got a planet eater that was straining the server to the maximum.^^

Problem is, even that was a bit slow in the end, grinding for jump modules in particular was annoying (seems different in the new version?).

But thanks, increasing the asteroids should make a much more comfortable and easier to deal with source of ressources! I think that's perfectly fine for me at this point, already grinded down sooooo many planets. Yay for environment friendly, renewable ressources!

You can also play creative if mining is too boring for you.
    True. I don't mind the mining, just got a bit tedious for large arrays of expensive blocks when my ships got bigger and more optimized. Otherwise I can just cheat as well; it's a local server to play around with ship building.

Well, if it taking too many resources is the problem, you can tweak the territory mining bonus higher to get you more raw mats with less effort.

Or if its just "this stuff takes too long to process", you can handle that in-game without editing things by putting factory enhancers on your refinery to increase how many capsules it makes per tick. Once I'm set up, I usually have a thousand or more enhancers on my main refinery.
    Mostly the mining. At some point increasing the size of my miner didn't do that much anymore, while my ships got larger and larger.

------------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR, the asteroid thing seems like an excellent fix to my problem, even better than just modifying recipes. Thanks a lot for all the fast answers! <3 <3

Just on a sidenote, where are the recipes saved? Couldn't find anything in config.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Mostly the mining. At some point increasing the size of my miner didn't do that much anymore, while my ships got larger and larger.
    Another option, build a mining fleet. AI fleet commands can mine automatically. Try building a carrier with a dozen smaller mining ships on it, launch all of them, and select the "Mine System" fleet command.

Put a decent sized array in your carrier, and you can mine one asteroid while your fleet mines a different one.

Reaction score
    Another option, build a mining fleet. AI fleet commands can mine automatically. Try building a carrier with a dozen smaller mining ships on it, launch all of them, and select the "Mine System" fleet command.

Put a decent sized array in your carrier, and you can mine one asteroid while your fleet mines a different one.
    Oh, I was thinking about checking out mining fleets, but I thought you could just mine local, loaded-in stuff, not order them to do entire systems! A giant mining carrier does sound pretty damn awesome.

See, that's why I still like the ressource element. It really gets you to check out creative solutions and new ship designs.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Oh, I was thinking about checking out mining fleets, but I thought you could just mine local, loaded-in stuff, not order them to do entire systems! A giant mining carrier does sound pretty damn awesome.

See, that's why I still lover the resource element. It really gets you to check out creative solutions and new ship designs.
    The asteroids do still need to be loaded, currently. So you will need to actually go out with your fleet and fly around with them, but they can at least help. I believe unloaded mining by drones was something specifically said to be on the roadmap for later though.

Reaction score
    The asteroids do still need to be loaded, currently. So you will need to actually go out with your fleet and fly around with them, but they can at least help. I believe unloaded mining by drones was something specifically said to be on the roadmap for later though.
    Thanks, I see. Shouldn't be that big of a problem with some enlarged asteroids. Got a lot of them spawning in my home system.