How to make it harder to accidentally destroy shop module in build mode?

Reaction score
    I just accidentally destroyed shop module, that had all of my items on my lan server (fortunately I have backup from yesterday I made when I saw duplicated asteroids).

I specifically put it in a place that is hard to get into, surrounded by several layers of blocks. But when I was moving power reactors I accidentally destroyed a bit too much. I realized it when it was way too laye to use undo.

So my question is: Is there anything I can do to make it even harder to destroy it?

Reaction score
    No. You can only be very careful when building---ESPECIALLY when deleting.

Reaction score
    That's bad... I just didn't realize quickly enough when deleting power reactors that I has the shop module 6 blocks below one column (and I set Y slider a bit too high).

Are there any plans to change it or is it going to stay that way?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    That's bad... I just didn't realize quickly enough when deleting power reactors that I has the shop module 6 blocks below one column (and I set Y slider a bit too high).

Are there any plans to change it or is it going to stay that way?
    well, there are a few ways. If you're deleting by hand, you could cover it with a layer of hazard blocks so when you see those you know to stop. If you're deleting en-mass then you could use the advanced build tab, and choose at the bottom of it to only delete certain blocks (it only does one kind at a time) so that way you cant accidentally do what you did.

Reaction score
    I think there should be some sanity check for this and storage blocks. If you have items in it you probably don't want to lose them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I find when removing large groups of one type of block to cut down on errors I use the advanced build mode filter so I can only remove that one type of block.

Reaction score
    I didn't see the option to remove only on type of block. Is it really there? That would be useful.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Its usually used to replace a block with another but you can set it to not replace so it just removes. Its right down the bottom.

Reaction score
    These buttons seemed confusing when I first saw them, I had no idea what they would do.