How to make a small private server?

Reaction score
    Hi, I have 2 friends that play starmade with me in a crew, I want to be admin instead of going to huge servers. How do I make a small server and then give the IP and other details to friends? I played minecraft with a friend and playing together was IMPOSSIBLE unless it was a huge listed server I PRAY it isn't like that on starmade :/. So I need to know where to find the server details if I start the game as multiplayer. Also how does one accept a faction invite? TY :)

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    It is really unrecommended to host a star made server on your PC because of the resources it demands. If anything, look for a cheap hosting company. I recommend pingperfect

Reaction score
    If you do want to host it on your own computer..

1. make sure you have a decent computer
    2. Port forward 4242 to your computers internal private IP address (do this on your router, if you dont know how consult the manual)
    3. Run StarMade-dedicated-server-windows.bat which should be in the folder you installed StarMade to
    4. If you have done all that correctly you and your friends should be able to join YourexternalIP:4242

There is also a Wiki http://www.starmadewiki.com/wiki/Tutorials/Setting_up_a_server

Last edited: