How to import LARGE smedit ships without crashing

Reaction score
    Hello everyone.
    I have been recently just for fun trying to import models into SMedit and make them extremely huge as the lore they come from happens to make them kilometers long. The thing is that when I do this, SMedit becomes extremely laggy, and impossible to export large models. I found a solution to this. You must tick this box:

I managed to import a model and export a ship over 3 kilometers without any issues in under 5 minutes.

The main issue was rendering it in the game itself. Took over 15 minutes to render this whole 1.3 million mass hollow shell:

I got 3-4 fps while looking at it from this perspective. Too bad it would be too impractical to make it an actual functional ship.

Original ship:

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I have a question for you.. How do you get SMedit to accept more than 1g memory? Everytime I select 2g or more the program does nothing. I attempt to start the program and the launcher screen goes away but nothing happens. Is there a file I can edit or something ?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I have a question for you.. How do you get SMedit to accept more than 1g memory? Everytime I select 2g or more the program does nothing. I attempt to start the program and the launcher screen goes away but nothing happens. Is there a file I can edit or something ?
    Make sure you're using 64-bit java, not 32-bit.