How to get max money in 15 mins(eg update made the game inbalanced)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So yeah sold the starting hulls, bought 22 shield dispencers, builded my ship with the parts I started with + those 22 shield dispencers and changed antimatter cannon damage to 35% so I could oneshot hull and reload to 33 for more dps. Spent around 5 mins to find a pirate station,, destroyed the faction module at exactly 9:35 mins, got to max money a bit before the 15th minute. I didn't even spend all starting money, I got 17k left and I already was flying around in a ship which could get me to the endgame. I think that replacing the standard pirate ship & pirate turret with something that isn't awful would help balancing the game but at the moment this last update is so gamebreaking compared how the game was before that it isn't funny.

Reaction score
    But the pirates and stations didn\'t come with this last update I think, they were here before, right?

Reaction score
    Giving players lots of money lets them build big game breaking ships that help schema find bugs.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It\'s pretty easy to get fast credit in like 10mins.

Step 1: find a space station

Step 2: buy a build block

Step 3: place build block on space station

Step 4: use advance build mode (10 X 10 remove mode) to remove the entire space station

Salvage beams???

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It is suppose to be easy to earn money and build ships. It is set this way for testing purposes. I see so many of these topics. Let the game be tested! If you want it with full features and balanced gameplay, then come back at a later date.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    God people, the game is in freaking alpha phase. games are like this when they are .

Reaction score
    I don\'t think that the loot is too good, as you need these supplies for factories. I think more that the selling price is too high

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Like I said, \"If you want a game with full features and balanced gameplay. Come back at a later date.\" We are here to TEST the features added by Schema. When you test something, you take it for what it is. Not for some idea or opinion of what you want it to be. There is a suggestion area for that. Despite what a lot of you might think, this game belongs to Schema, let him make it and tune it as he sees fit.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Instead of ranting at him about how it\'s an alpha and he should shut up and accept it...

If you don\'t want players to be able to get max money in 15 minutes:

1. You can disable loot in the server config file, or if you don\'t want to do that, decrease the loot variables to 0.1 each, but even then players will occasionally get a lucky stack of expensive or valuable loot (like several hundred FactoryInputEnhancers, or several hundred build blocks, etc).

2. You can decrease the value of L5 ore by a factor of 10 (e.g. drop it to 100k), or cut all the ore values further, which should prevent the price of it in shops from overflowing and giving people 2 billion credits (and free L5 ore) if they intentionally or accidentally overflow the purchase price and turn it negative.

3. Decrease the value of everything valuable that can be salvaged from the abandoned stations and pirate stations.

Furthermore, unless you disable both loot and the catalog*, and probably manufacturing of the items in question as well, I would not advise increasing costs of items in an attempt to make them more expensive to obtain, because if they are craftable or obtainable in loot (or can be placed on ships), you will be encouraging players to sell them for huge profit if they ever find them in loot, or to mass-produce them to sell to shops, or to put them on a cataloged ship and buy/deconstruct/resell/repeat for anywhere from 2x to 3.14x the price they paid.

* If you set something to an abnormally high price compared to everything else, and it can go on a ship, and catalog is enabled, some players may take advantage of the triple-your-money deal that the shops are currently running for everyone who buys from catalog, disassembles, and resells the components of their ships.

Of course, I\'d leave the catalog enabled, because do you really want to build the same turret or fighter over and over and over and over?

Reaction score
    Step 1: Buy 200 water and ice

Step 2: Split all the water and ice in your cubatom menu

Step 3: Refine(combine) all your MEDNULGASDRA with all your LIGANTGASDRA (in that order)

Step 4: Fabricate faction module with your new LIGANTPLAINS and MEDANTSOLINS

Step 5: Sell and Enjoy!

Here\'s a link to an imgur gallery showing you what the cubatoms I used look like:

http://imgur.com/a/6DlF1

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    It\'s a really simple fix in server.cfg.

When there\'s more features and quests to properly quantify what a balanced loot will be, then come back and talk about unblanced loot OP.

Reaction score
    That works with salvage hulls and purple paint as well. Both are near the top of the menu, so you don\'t have to dig through the list to find the next thing to split.

Add in a simple autoclicker, and you make money fast!