how to create a faction (for the dumbies)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    lately a trend has been happening on this forum. namely the creation of factions that look somewhat like this:

"hi this is a new faction super empire we are merchants and fighters apply below please"

And i swear to god, if i see another one like this, im going to explode, because these things a) clog up the forum page and b) make every other faction look bad. So here is MY guide on how to create a REAL faction. Lets do this in steps shall we?

1) DO NOT create a faction simply because you feel like it one happy day, create a faction because you see a niche in the market you think you need to fill, and that would attract recruits. (the TE was created because we wanted an organised faction after the events between the vargyr and dfn). If you want to create a small faction with your friends, just go play on a server with them. But dont post it on the thread.

2) Get other people involved, people you trust and respect, or whose skill you might need. Now, discuss your ideas with them, another opinion is always handy. Escpecialy an outside one.

3) Choose what your faction shall be with your now chosen crew. Whatever you decide stick to it all the way through (eg. if you decide to be a merc you should only care for money. ect)

4) Prepare a command structure, build an infrastructure, be prepared for new recruits, know were to place them, what to do with them. When and why to give them ranks. ect

5) Build your base and your fleet. You owe it to your members to give them a ship and a place to call home. If you dont have these you really shouldnt go live.

6) Forum post: there should be no questions about your faction, if there are, you have probably failed to explain it correctly. You need to make your faction look like glass so everybody can look through it and understand it. Toss a bit of rp in there if you want to.

Although it was a bit mixed up, i think i covered everything, but there is one crucial thing i need to emphasize to anybody willing to create a faction:

Understand that creating a faction will not happen over night, Creating the TE took close to 2 months. Please be patient and work your faction more instead of posting it on the first day. your faction should be the baby of your hard work and love. And you should carry on carring for it as it goes on.

Alright, almost done, here is one last peice of advice: if your new to the scene, i strongly advice against creating a faction, i suggest you join a faction for a while first, see how things work. More importantly, make friends. They will probably help you later should you decide to make your own faction.

Reaction score
    Not trying to be a grammer nazi, but \"~~strongly advice creating a faction\" should be \"~~strongly advice against creating a faction\" New guys might mistake you and go an actually make a faction cause they are new, you know, some of those people out there are not quite smart enough to realize what you mean, at least not yet. Interesting info, I agree.

Reaction score
    Dangit, I forgot the e was an a again, I know how to spell it... I just get in a hurry some times, lol... Guurrr, go die in a hole tiredness!!!!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Thank you for this guide it\'s short and sweet and covers pretty much everything. Maybe mention the necessity to prove that you have a base or a fleet instead of just saying it? Screenshots/pictures go a long way to convincing me your the real deal.