How one goes about deleting their account

• Thread starter Deleted member 392097
    • Start date
    D

Deleted member 392097

I no longer play the game, nor use the site, and I would like for my account to be deleted if that is possible. I have tried contacting the site through the contact us form, but that was a few weeks ago, and still, nothing, so I was wondering how this can be done?

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Just don't log in? Like, why do you want your account deleted? Just don't log in/go to the site anymore lol

D

Deleted member 392097

Just don't log in? Like, why do you want your account deleted? Just don't log in/go to the site anymore lol
    Well, I have reasons which I rather not go into. But look, I just want to remove the account, so if you can help me with that then please do, but if you cannot, and you will just question my decision, then please just leave.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    You've already emailed the site, try contacting kojinus or duke of realms directly

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    There are laws that have passed in the EU that allow citizens in the EU the right to request the deletion of personal information from any website in the world should they feel like it. This of course is only if that information is not part of a criminal investigation or a breach of freedom of speak or in the public's interest. A case is currently in progress against Google by the EU Central Courts about Google failing to obey EU user's requests to do exactly that.

In other words if the guy asks you to delete his account, you have to do it unless there is a really good reason not too i.e. a legal reason.

http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/files/factsheets/factsheet_data_protection_en.pdf

How do I know this, I have to obey this law myself as part on my job.

Amendment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...ies-affected-by-EU-right-to-be-forgotten.html

Apparently Google can retain the information about the event as it is part of public record but must remove any links to it as part of the ruling or suffer a fine. Obviously we all know that this is effectively deleting the article for all intensive purposes. I figure it is the comprise that the EU are willing to put up with to protect the integrity information and data VS the personal rights of the citizens.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    There are laws that have passed in the EU that allow citizens in the EU the right to request the deletion of personal information from any website in the world should they feel like it. This of course is only if that information is not part of a criminal investigation or a breach of freedom of speak or in the public's interest. A case is currently in progress against Google by the EU Central Courts about Google failing to obey EU user's requests to do exactly that.

In other words if the guy asks you to delete his account, you have to do it unless there is a really good reason not too i.e. a legal reason.

http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/files/factsheets/factsheet_data_protection_en.pdf

How do I know this, I have to obey this law myself as part on my job.

Amendment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...ies-affected-by-EU-right-to-be-forgotten.html

Apparently Google can retain the information about the event as it is part of public record but must remove any links to it as part of the ruling or suffer a fine. Obviously we all know that this is effectively deleting the article for all intensive purposes. I figure it is the comprise that the EU are willing to put up with to protect the integrity information and data VS the personal rights of the citizens.
    It's not that simple, SMD is neither run, owned or hosted by a company within the EU. So, I wouldn't say that ruling applies here. Trivial information anyway, as SMD has no problem removing user's accounts. The reason I say this is because Google does not currently remove requested data outside of its EU versions. There have been debates about this and its really not clear where it applies outside the EU, either way it doesn't really affect us.

I no longer play the game, nor use the site, and I would like for my account to be deleted if that is possible. I have tried contacting the site through the contact us form, but that was a few weeks ago, and still, nothing, so I was wondering how this can be done?
    I've checked the contact us emails, I can't see your request for deletion. Can you please PM me if you only wish to remove your SMD account, or open a ticket here: http://help.star-made.org/support/home to remove both accounts.