how many rail mass enhancers?

Reaction score
    if i build say a 2k mass turret, how many rail mass enhancers do i need for it to move properly?

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    You will need enhancers on both the turret base and on the ship hull.
    I think each enhancer supports like 5 mass, good luck

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    You will need enhancers on both the turret base and on the ship hull.
    I think each enhancer supports like 5 mass, good luck
    It's 5 or 25 mass... Docked entities really need to inherit some of the enhancers....

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It's 5 mass per rail enhancer, so 400 enhancers
    And to re-iterate from earlier, you will need that many in the ship/station to rotate the base of the turret, and as many again in the base of the turret to tilt the top.

Enhancers only affect the axis on the same entity as the enhancers, so two part turrets have two axis points that need enhancing.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    I think you can have 50 or like 100 with no mass enhancers, and you only need enough to support the largest entity, it is not an additive effect. If you have a 50k mass turret, and enough mass enhancers on the main entity to allow the base of it to spin, you can have as many 50k mass turrets that you want.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    First off you need enhancers on the base of the turret for the mass of the barrels (so mass of barrels divided by 5). Then you need enhancers on the ship for the mass of the turret's barrels + base. If your barrels are docked to the base then the total turret mass will be indicated in build mode if you're in the base.

Also keep in mind that each enhancer takes 25 energy per second.

Ciggofwar

Home of Titan Guard
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This topic comes up as I had the same recent question also to note the mass enhancer is garbage under the rail category It is an out dated block and needs to be removed! It's adding confusion and frustration to figure out that "that this not the block you want".
    So it is a double index system where the X axis holds (the left and right movement) the Rail mass enhancer and supports the Y axis (The up and down movement) which does not require any Rail mass enhancers, unless there is another turret being applied.
    The other weighted area is the ship that holds the turret it will need the same amount of Rail mass enhancers, being the cost is 1 enhancer per 5 blocks and uses 25 ticks of power per second.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    if i build say a 2k mass turret, how many rail mass enhancers do i need for it to move properly?
    RequiredEnhancerCount = ( DockedMass - 50 ) / 5
    You will need them on the ship and the lower portion of the turret. You will need to account for the enhancers mass also on the ship.
    (2000-50)/5 = 390 on lower turret.
    390*.05 = 19.5
    (2000+19.5 -50)=393.9 on the ship.
    You will need 50 power for each. 39195 power

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Can be a bit of a bother when your trying to build something pretty looking and have to stick a giant blob of enhancers all over it :/