How many people are still build vs waiting for new power

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Just wondering how many people are still building as apposed to waiting for new power system to see what it offers.
    For myself it seems pretty pointless to build without knowing how stuff will work.

Sure I could leave areas in a hull for a reactor but it would be all guess work and considering they said weapons and so on would also need to be changed that would effect them also.

If something like the heat system is employed the inside of the ship might not be the best option. Maybe placing reactors on an external ring would be a better choice. It really depends on how that heat system is created. If it is created around the reactor and has a limited radius and only effects systems in it. You could potentially by pass using the heat system by simply keeping it away from every thing else. Or maybe it actually effects itself where you still do need the heat system. Even then having it out further means if it is damaged that less stuff would be effected. However it makes it potentially more vulnerable.

In short the power system in a large way can very well dictate the way a ship is built especially if you are going for some optimal performance or stability and so on.

Zerefette

<|°_°|>
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It's not a change that can happen instantly, and also the next proposal has to be community accepted.

Last edited:
    Reactions: GRHayes
    Reaction score
    I'm still building. I already leave lots of space, mainly so I can go back in and strip out systems and put in something better. I'm always tinkering lol.

If I have to scrap my current generation of designs, I'll do it. I won't even blink. I can apply the things I've learned to make even better versions later.

Reaction score
    jontyfreack, I hope you realize that you're still going to be building that when we make the large-scale commercial switch to quantum computing (Or something similar), right?

There will probably be humans on Mars, colonies on the Moon, asteroid-mining companies, large-scale bioengineering on human genes and bodies, flying cars, and WWIV before you're finished.

You're going to be working on that thing until Ragnarok, the Day of Judgement, the Big Crunch, Big Rip, and/or the Big Freeze happens and you can't work on it any more.

You're going to work on that thing so long that you'll probably be blind from overexposure to video screens, deafened by StarMade's revamped sound system (Probably ought to come around the time you finish the bridge/command center area), and so arthritic from repeated keyboard use that you'll finish, step, fall, slide, or sort of faint backwards, and then die of a lack of purpose in life.

In the meantime, have fun!

(AND POST MORE SCREENSHOTS)

Treefolk

The Clueless
    Reaction score
    Building new things every day! After 260something hours I'm just now starting to feel like I understand everything well enough to start doing fun things (for example I made a baby planet miner, my 7th miner incarnation that sports just under 2000 arrays that I'm quite pleased with). I've gotten enough brick builds under my belt that I'm developing a sense for system distributions/densities in non-brick builds. The next few weeks should be full of new and exciting things that might actually be presentable!

tl;dr: Playing the game is much more fun than sitting around lamenting the lack of a game to play. I'm building all the things!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I wanted to come back to the game, saw the first proposal, and left the game again... until I know what the new system will be. I really don't like to refit my work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm still building- the most labour-intensive part of building, for me, is the aesthetics of the hull, and even the general hull shape. Fitting/refitting of systems is usually easy, and I normally enjoy it. I'm actually working on a few designs of different classes in anticipation of the new features.
    ...I'm getting rather sick of docking reactors with power supply beams to my titans for efficiency.

*EDIT*
    Also, Schine said they're aiming to do the same thing as the rail system- make both methods available for a while upon release. So plenty of time to retrofit, especially for people like me who only build in survival.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Mostly building things that aren't dependent on power. Shells, interiors, tiny ships. (though of course, a huge systems overhaul will probably come with power, so those will have to be changed, but it isn't a huge task)

I do have one frigate that I might add systems to anyway. Might.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    The power changes are just an excuse for me. I'm really waiting for more game content - the stuff that's going to make my ships worth playing. I had cut back on my building because I didn't have anything to do with my ships, now I have the added excuse of not knowing how I should be building my ships.

I don't mind - I have patience and other games I'm enjoying in the meantime. I'm really looking forward to the introduction of a more complex and sensible power system.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'm still building, because I optimistically assume that Schine will listen to the extreme backlash against the power overhaul that occurred, and not do it. There is such a plethora of things that are more worthwhile to fix and focus on... Schine are utter fools if they continue to force the issue of a power overhaul on an unwilling community.