How does one calculate how much credits ones ship costs?

Reaction score
    I'd like to know so that I can optimize cost. I am making a series of buses, because I wanna put em in a universe of my making, and I'm intending them to be cheap. The series has gotten relatively extravagant because of the increasing size, so lighting, thrusters, power, etc. has to be taken into account. Is there an easy way to calculate cost or do I just have to wing it?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Well, you can go and check the price table (found on the 2nd launcher screen, under modding > Block editor > Price Table tab) for credits. Base price in ores? I don't think there is a way to easily check that. Maybe someone can make a small program that does that someday. *coughMegacough*

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Open up the launcher, under tools ship catalog manager. Third column is cost. You can see the cost of a completed ship from that.

Reaction score
    Open up the launcher, under tools ship catalog manager. Third column is cost. You can see the cost of a completed ship from that.
    The thing is what is it calculated against? It doesn't seem to be accurate compared to buying the blocks from a shop (even at base price)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    You can also go in your configs and switch blueprints from items to credits, that makes it so that blueprints are spawned directly from credits, which is beneficial in your case as the catalog will display the price instead of the mass.

At least removing the bigger blob ones would make a big difference.