How do i load more of my ship on screen

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm building a super star destroyer and I've finalized the length and it's 7789 m long and the tip wont load after it past 5000 m it started disappearing. Is there a way to make it were i can see the whole ship from end to end?

Reaction score
    Make sure your sector size is large enough for the ship (at least 10-12km), to reduce lag issues, and dial your view distance up to see if the tip loads. With a ship this size, I would recommend not going 1:1 in scale, because the sheer size of the ship is so large that it may cause severe lag issues and other weird stuff to happen in-game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    At that size, you need to have the core in the center of the entity.

The_Owl

Alpha is not an excuse
    Reaction score
    Isn't that the size where the game begins to give up

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    It's the size where buffer overflows happen and the part of the ship that isn't loading is actually rendered at the other end of the ship.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I admire your computers persverance for you, the vast majority of ships are less than 700m long imo. Even then they can take months to build. A 7km long ship? Thats gonna cause issues, especialy with sectors. Your gonna want your sectors at least twice the size of your ship.
    Theres also your render distance in settings, but chances are you've surpassed that.

This is what a 1k long ship looks like, good luck trying to build a ship 7 times the size mate :P

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Like others have said you're building way too big. Starmade tends to give up around the 1km - 5km range, especially if you have small sectors that can't fit the whole ship in them. Also if building that big movement without lag nova bombing a server is highly unlikely. Scale down the ship you are building to something a tad more manageable.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Increase your amount of chunks drawn(options, graphics), and increase sector(local play, advanced settings) size a lot. Listen to the others, the game gives up after so long. I'm building an 800m carrier with a lot of logic and I have trouble with mine, and my PC is no slouch.