How can I make detachable power units?

Reaction score
    So basically, I want to make my ship have detachable power units. I know that to do this I will need to dock a ship to my own, with power generation blocks on it.

The problem is it doesn't transfer power to my ship. I saw this on mushroom fleet, and want to replicate it. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

A step by step instruction list would be appreciated or a link to another thread already explaining this.

Thanks in advance! ;)

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    @Crusade is quite a pro in this area, a few of his ships had replaceable cartridges for extra power.

Reactions: kupu
    Reaction score
    Alright, I will look around his profile for something relating to the matter. Thanks therimmer96![DOUBLEPOST=1411687915,1411687392][/DOUBLEPOST]I looked through his profile. Found some cool monorail and elevator stuff, but no detachable power cores. Would it be a matter of shooting power drain beams at a docked power cell on my ship? I should test that.

Actually wait, I need to supply power, so power supply beams on the cells? Idk, I guess I will just start testing.

Reaction score
    This sounds like it worked for other people Kupu, so I will go and do some testing. Thanks!

Are you like one of the famous people in the Starmade community? Either way, nice to meet you! This is my first post on the Stamade forums, glad to see the community is so nice! :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    so you can drain power from docked ships, I though you couldn't but it is good you can do it now I'm going to build power cells

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    * Feels violated *

It's better to use a power supply beam on a logic clock on the detachable part I think. If not, just use a dock-detection power drain on the Mothership. Don't want to try draining without actually hitting anything (or ally ships)