Host Power Display

JNC

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Specifically, turrets come to mind, but since docked objects are able to utilize their hosts power reserves, can a docked object be given an additional power readout on the UI that displays the motherships power? Even just a percentage scale would be helpful.

Reaction score
    Whilst we're on this subject, let me add in the following:

What about a "power drain from docked" stat-line?
    In build mode, we get to see how much extra mass the docked stuff adds, and thrust at least updates so we can see the total (if you've got inherit thrust on)

But we can't see that the cannon turret we've just installed (or a docked thruster assemblage), drains more power per tick than the ship generates.
    I don't play StarMade in the hopes of doing a math problem, I play StarMade to play around with blocks, and occasionally explode a few thousand pirates.

Matter of fact, I despise doing math problems. (I'm aware, I'll never be a physicist or Engineer. Those jobs rely on math)

JNC

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So mothership can see stats for docked entities, and docked entities can see mothership stats, etc?

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Fairly certain turret power bars are representative of the mothership already.

Reaction score
    Hmm, if they are, then I haven't seen it working that way. The Turret's power-bar (the bracket on the right of the hud) still drains to nothing so long as the turret cannot self-power. (I am willing to admit this may be a bugged behavior, but I haven't exhaustively browsed the changelogs to see if it was changed to behave differently)

Yes, it will keep on firing so long as the mothership has power, but that's very different from being able to see the mothership's power supply whilst in the turret. (and is part of why I'd like to, said turret I'd been testing drained the mothership after about 10 seconds.