Hoping for help with a ship design (hopefully simple)

Reaction score
    I dont know if I should be putting this in general discussion or a different location (I will move it if this turns out to be the wrong place) but I am hoping for help with a ship. I am trying to create basically a "planet ship" and the one that I did find no longer has a working download. I am looking for someone to make either something like either of these.

The planet someone made in https://starmadedock.net/threads/ice-flat-planet-ship.19502/

or something like a planet shard like http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/7000000/Space-Art-Wallpaper-space-7077079-1024-768.jpg but more even, basically like a cone of rock with a mostly flat surface.

I am hoping someone with SMedit would be able to whip up something like this easily.

Reactions: aceface
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    if you can provide a 3d model i can make one for you

Reaction score
    Because I have no idea how to use things like SMedit, and although I can make things like spaceships that look like spaceships, I have no idea how to make something more organic or natural looking like a planet or a shard of a planet like the second image shows.

Reaction score
    Just to clarify, I only need help making the planet part. I can make the ship myself but its the planet I have no idea how to make

Reaction score
    As an update, should anyone be interested in helping, I have decided to start making it on my own, and have decided to go with the "planet shard" idea shown in the first post. I also have gotten the "top" of the shard made and now have to add the cone shaped bottom part, and its this part I really have no idea how to make look natural. I have a blueprint saved of the top part should anyone who has a program to generate the bottom part care to assist.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    For the bottom of the shard, I recommend picking the endpoint of the shard, navigating to that location, look up at the top, and just start placing rock in a line down towards your position, until it reaches a third (1/3) of the way down towards your position, then do the same for a different target under the top, until you have a nice, solid "bedrock". Don't worry about keeping the lines placed straight. The blocks that are "off" a little will help keep it looking organic. Once this bedrock is all filled in, the bottom of the new bedrock becomes the new "top" from which you will again build rock half-way down. Finally, the tip of the shard is just filling in lines all the way to your position, and may be easier to finish from the sides, after the central spire reaches the shard-tip.

Reaction score
    For the bottom of the shard, I recommend picking the endpoint of the shard, navigating to that location, look up at the top, and just start placing rock in a line down towards your position, until it reaches a third (1/3) of the way down towards your position, then do the same for a different target under the top, until you have a nice, solid "bedrock". Don't worry about keeping the lines placed straight. The blocks that are "off" a little will help keep it looking organic. Once this bedrock is all filled in, the bottom of the new bedrock becomes the new "top" from which you will again build rock half-way down. Finally, the tip of the shard is just filling in lines all the way to your position, and may be easier to finish from the sides, after the central spire reaches the shard-tip.
    Thank you! Thats actually really good advice!