Hopefully last prebuild before release.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

I've had a lot of private things to do in the last weeks (family stuff) and couldn't work as much as I wanted. I'll be back to full in the coming week.

I fixed the scaling of tuning (glitching only flying a core), as well as the wedges being set wrongly (although the ships build in the prebuild might have to be reconfigured since their wedges are now parly wrong).

get the prebuild here: http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20131002_234654.zip

(as always, username and password are "dev")

The test server now has a valid dns. You can play there with: play.star-made.org:4242 (instead of the ip)

As there seem to be some misunderstanding: If you install a prebuild on your server, you are running a high risk of bugs and data corruption. They are made to play in a safe environment, so please don't use them to play the game for real.

I apologize that this is taking some time, but this is a compromise between a new release that doesn't introduce game breaking bugs, and longer times. I can't have both unfortunately. If everything works out, I hope to release tomorrow.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    Good work, look forward to not being nasueated when I fly a core. That rapid spinning made me dizzy.

Reaction score
    This is why u need the coding help thats been offerd to u by the community

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I\'d love to see a modding API or some kind of plugin API. I have been forced to hack so much stuff together because of the absence of it

Reaction score
    There is a bug with big ships where KB missiles fly straight to your own core then proceed to probably go around your own turrets, could you please make it so that KB missiles disregarded your own turrets, and all I know about the kb flying to own core bug is that it doesn\'t happend with relatively small ships like 800 mass ships, but is impossible make stop happening in a 110k mass ship.

Also, missile turrets have a very low range with all missile types, you have to bump into the turrets for them to aknowledge you and track and fire.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Schema, turning still is very slow on big ships, if it could be done easily, please add a setting in server.cfg file to adjust how turning scales so that servers with lots of large ships don\'t get boring.

Also, this may be the wrong place to post this, but if turning were faster when changing pitch(up and down) than changing yaw(left and right) it would add a new level complexity to piloting fighters. You would see people rolling then pulling up to turn, just like a real dogfight. Could be lots of fun!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I absolutely second that! Pulling up has always been the fastest way to turn in a dogfight. This will be an awesome Wing Commander-esque move.

Reaction score
    That is a truly excellent idea! I would so love to have something like that because right now, piloting is pretty boring, but with this and maybe a few other things (I have no idea what they would be), piloting ships could become an art form that is only for those who take the time and dedication to develop the skills necessary. Again, a great idea!

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I said this on two news updates, and nobody ever replied to me!

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    But they\'ll not do it according to the way schema originally planned it

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    And what this is about?:

HULL_COLOR_CORNER_BLACK_ID_EXT = 348
    HULL_COLOR_CORNER_PURPLE_ID_EXT=349
    HULL_COLOR_CORNER_BROWN_ID_EXT=350
    HULL_COLOR_CORNER_BLACK_ID_EXT=351
    HULL_COLOR_CORNER_RED_ID_EXT=352
    HULL_COLOR_CORNER_BLUE_ID_EXT=353
    HULL_COLOR_CORNER_GREEN_ID_EXT=354
    HULL_COLOR_CORNER_YELLOW_ID_EXT=355
    HULL_COLOR_CORNER_WHITE_ID_EXT=356
    POWERHULL_COLOR_CORNER_GREY_EXT=357
    POWERHULL_COLOR_CORNER_BLACK_EXT=358
    POWERHULL_COLOR_CORNER_RED_EXT=359
    POWERHULL_COLOR_CORNER_PURPLE_EXT=360
    POWERHULL_COLOR_CORNER_BLUE_EXT=361
    POWERHULL_COLOR_CORNER_GREEN_EXT=362
    POWERHULL_COLOR_CORNER_BROWN_EXT=363
    POWERHULL_COLOR_CORNER_GOLD_EXT=364
    POWERHULL_COLOR_CORNER_WHITE_EXT=365
    GLASS_WEDGE_ID_EXT=366

Just checked BlockConfig.xml and there is nothing with thous ID\'s

I need to know earlier because I preparing configs for new update.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    These are reserved for the additional roations of the corner blocks. They won\'t have an entry in the xml, they will use the new <projectedTo> tag in the xml (black hull corner will project to it\'s extension).

How it works will basically not be visible to the player. it looks like one block. Having the extra rotations in an additional block id instead of saving it in the block data itself saves loads data, since 24 rotations is only used by corners.

Reaction score
    We\'re in space so ships do not turn using control surfaces like elevators, rudders, and aerilons. There\'s no air to put more resistance on any part of the ship, Sure it\'s a nice idea if there was an atmosphere, but not in space.

Reaction score
    We\'re in space so ships do not turn using control surfaces like elevators, rudders, and aerilons. There\'s no air to put more resistance on any part of the ship than another, Sure it\'s a nice idea if there was an atmosphere, but not in space.

Reaction score
    Is this what causes the textures on the angled faces to be inconsistent depending on orientation? Sometimes the angled face texture is projected at the angle of normal blocks, and sometimes it is skewed

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    It\'s a client bug with the texture coordinates. I\'ll fix it in one of the next versions

Reaction score
    Also, would you be willing to greatly increase the npc shop\'s credit reserves for your test server? I keep finding a lot of the shops are picked completely clean of credits there.