Hints to what the next update is?

Reaction score
    So with the last couple of updates being new blocks and bugfixes, what is everyone hoping the next update will contain?

Myself, im hoping for the faction abilities to be expanded.

Or maybe Criss Bench Saber or someone could gives the community some hints to what the near future holds for SM

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Am i tagging the wrong people? I was ignored in the power thread aswell...

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Tagging someone doesn't mean they'll automatically respond immediately. Patience, young grasshopper.

I know that Criss and Saber stream regularly, and they are open to questions there, so if you happen to see "StarMade" streaming, go give it a watch and chat them up there. They are frequently open about things in development, at least, the things that are open for discussion. They may not answer a question like, "What's coming up in the next patch/update?", if such a thing hasn't been decided yet, or if they want to make it a surprise, or if it's still under development.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    I'd like to see some general bug fixes. There are a lot of silly (and some not so silly) bugs that need fixing. For example, fleets dropping entities, trading bugs, some mirror rotation errors with some of the new blocks and so on.

The bug tracker seems awfully quiet lately and even game support has dropped off lately it would seem.

I'd even accept a weekly update cycle for a while so that these and other niggles can be fixed before the next "big thing".

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I'd like to see some general bug fixes. There are a lot of silly (and some not so silly) bugs that need fixing. For example, fleets dropping entities, trading bugs, some mirror rotation errors with some of the new blocks and so on.

The bug tracker seems awfully quiet lately and even game support has dropped off lately it would seem.

I'd even accept a weekly update cycle for a while so that these and other niggles can be fixed before the next "big thing".
    What trading bugs did you see?
    [doublepost=1487694495,1487694452][/doublepost]
    They get tagged a lot, and in doing so it starts to mean less.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    He made a post about it, but essentially he requested a specific item, and he now has cornered the market on said item as the trading faction keeps showing up with more.

Also, the trading fleet keeps dropping bits out of their ships that he has to clean up.
    [doublepost=1487770379,1487770317][/doublepost]
    I'd like to see some general bug fixes.
    Every update has bug fixes, pretty much.

Aesthetics

Dark Lord of the Sith
    Reaction score
    Here's a hint;

It's an update. In the future. And it has things in it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    [doublepost=1487694495,1487694452][/doublepost]
    They get tagged a lot, and in doing so it starts to mean less.
    True, none seem to have been reported in the bug tracker but
    He made a post about it, but essentially he requested a specific item, and he now has cornered the market on said item as the trading faction keeps showing up with more.

Also, the trading fleet keeps dropping bits out of their ships that he has to clean up.
    [doublepost=1487770379,1487770317][/doublepost]

Every update has bug fixes, pretty much.
    Reading through the forums, many people have mentioned various bugs in the trading system. I am not trying to "corner the market" as you suggest. I have trade deliveries being permanently looped on one server. I have yet to see if I can replicate this in SP. The entity drops are a fleet bug as I said and not trade. Many people have asked for more trading options and features but that is a separate issue.

Also, while I realise that there are bug fixes in most updates, I am referring more to the 2-3 weeks towards the end of last year when various bug fixes were released without any extra features. I merely suggested that another round of bug fixes would be beneficial. People mention bugs in the forums but they don't bother to submit them to the bug tracker.