Help with a little airlock logic

Reaction score
    Hello

Could someone help with a little logic magic, basicly im just making an airlock but i cannot get all the function in to it that i like, i zip a blank design with 2 doors/gates, maybe some one can complete the logic part.

Rules

- Only 1 door is allowed to be open at a time
    - - Unless docked docked, them both doors can open.

- to prevent being locked out and automate, activating 1 door should force close the other door

- there need to be logic in place to prevent an error stat on the doors, like the doors being open but logic thing it's closed

- if the doors are open and you undock, both doors must close

- the master lock should force the doors closed

hmm, is there a tool where you can input if/else statement and get logic output

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Hello

Could someone help with a little logic magic, basicly im just making an airlock but i cannot get all the function in to it that i like, i zip a blank design with 2 doors/gates, maybe some one can complete the logic part.

Rules

- Only 1 door is allowed to be open at a time
    - - Unless docked docked, them both doors can open.

- to prevent being locked out and automate, activating 1 door should force close the other door

- there need to be logic in place to prevent an error stat on the doors, like the doors being open but logic thing it's closed

- if the doors are open and you undock, both doors must close

- the master lock should force the doors closed

hmm, is there a tool where you can input if/else statement and get logic output
    I have a decent airlock design that meets most of your requirements above. I've been meaning to upload it to the space dock, and I'll try to remember to do it during my lunch break today. I have two versions - one has lift doors that slide up, the other has double doors that slide open. Here are their operating features:

Only one door can be unlocked at a time. Both doors are on a timer and will close after standing open for a couple of seconds. Both doors have a button (both inside the chamber and outside,) with a single button inside the chamber for changing the lock state between the two doors. Between one door locking and the other opening, there is a brief period while the chamber goes through a pressurization change - the amount of time can be varied. If you are outside of a locked door, pressing its button will initiate a pressure change and switch the locked state of the doors so you can enter. Displays tell you the state of each door and whether the chamber is pressurizing. The double door model has colored lights to provide additional indication as to the lock state.

I tried to keep the logic near the base of the design so that the ceiling height can be adjusted (default is five blocks high.) The door entries are designed to allow the use of USD docking.

I don't imagine that it would be hard to add a master switch to lock/unlock both doors, but I don't plan to include it.

Reaction score
    sounds good, i alway like to see what others do.

my problem is closing both doors on an undock, i proberly just lack another layer of and and or gates but i keep going in circles

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Here are the airlocks:
    Lift Doors
    Double Doors
    I tried to design them to be all-purpose, and plug-n-play, so I didn't assign one side or another for ship docking. For what you want to do, I think you would be able to hook an activation module to your docking rail. There's a rail on one side of the airlock behind the button used to switch the door lock - attach your new activation module to the activation modules on either end of that rail and I think both doors should be unlocked while something is docked. I'd have to be looking at the airlock to tell you how to make the doors stay physically open, but I don't think you would want that, in actuality. From a role play perspective, if a ship un-docked with both doors open you would have a short window of vacuum until the doors slid shut. There's much less risk if the doors are simply unlocked, but remain closed when not in use.
    [doublepost=1480976410,1480975856][/doublepost]If you wanted a master locking mechanism - you could put an activation module wherever you want, and hook it to the activation modules on the rail I mentioned previously. Then, attach the same activation module to an AND block. Attach the activation module at your docking rail to the AND gate. You will also have to find the AND gates that the rail's activation modules hook into and attach your master activation module to them.

Reaction score
    here is my version, it seems to work now. Many some days away broke the circle
    [doublepost=1480977392,1480977106][/doublepost]downloaded you files, will have a look at the tomorrow for sure, but now it's late

Attachments

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    mmm, depending on how you want to work it, you could just fake it with doors timed to always close themselves.

example:
    Code:
    Doors
          ↑
    AND block <---------------------------------------------            
     ↑           ↑      ↑      ↑      ↑      ↑      ↑      ↑
    NOT Block→ Delay→ Delay→ Delay→ Delay→ Delay→ Delay→ Delay
        ↑
    BUTTON block
                      ↑
    gate controller - or - area trigger
    BUTTON is "off unless stimulated" so NOT(and following delay) is "on unless stimulated",
    With all them delay connected back to the AND block
    AND block is "on unless button turned on in delay time" meaning "AND turns off while the delay has a signal"
    Delay-chain off NOT determines how long doors stay "open" if controlled by that AND

Good way to fake it for any doors, as long as you can wrap a gate 2-3 blocks away from the door or put up a big enough trigger-screen.
    works with rail-doors by adding another NOT at the end to trigger the opening rail orientation, while the AND triggers "closed"

Code:
    Doors
          ↑
        ↑
    AND block  <- {other door is closed OR Docking port is in use}
        ↑
    BUTTON block
                      ↕
    you can link an "AND" between the BUTTON -> NOT to only allow it to be activated under certain conditions. EG security lockout, other door must be closed.(Best used for sliding doors)
    you can swap that out for an OR to force it active under certain other conditions eg "security says" or "docking port says"

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    mmm, depending on how you want to work it, you could just fake it with doors timed to always close themselves.

example:
    Code:
    Doors
          ↑
        ↑
    BUTTON block
                      ↑
    BUTTON is "off unless stimulated" so NOT(and following delay) is "on unless stimulated",
    With all them delay connected back to the AND block
    AND block is "on unless button turned on in delay time" meaning "AND turns off while the delay has a signal"
    Delay-chain off NOT determines how long doors stay "open" if controlled by that AND

Good way to fake it for any doors, as long as you can wrap a gate 2-3 blocks away from the door or put up a big enough trigger-screen.
    works with rail-doors by adding another NOT at the end to trigger the opening rail orientation, while the AND triggers "closed"

Code:
    Doors
          ↑
        ↑
    AND block  <- {other door is closed OR Docking port is in use}
        ↑
    BUTTON block
                      ↕
    you can link an "AND" between the BUTTON -> NOT to only allow it to be activated under certain conditions. EG security lockout, other door must be closed.(Best used for sliding doors)
    you can swap that out for an OR to force it active under certain other conditions eg "security says" or "docking port says"
    At the request of a friend who wanted a version of my airlock without any docked entities, I have a plex-door version, as well. If the OP or anyone is interested in that setup, I can upload it. I'm not a fan of plex-doors. At least the force fields make sense when they wink out of existence.

Reaction score
    added a .sment file. can you even import a zipped blueprint :)

It's just the logic spread out so it's easy to see and follow, from there it's much easier to stuff in to your favorite air lock.

I like the idea of the chamber pressurizing and the delay, but that is a bit to much RP for me:)
    [doublepost=1481143597,1481143346][/doublepost]
    I'm not a fan of plex-doors. At least the force fields make sense when they wink out of existence.
    They just open really fast and you blinked, so did not see it....
    just like some of the doors in starwars that seem to be death traps :)

Attachments

Reaction score
    sweet :)
    [doublepost=1481222817,1481222079][/doublepost]your airlock has an top speed og 184 on a standard server...

Reaction score
    Here is my attempt, it's just a platform with a few airlocks and control centers designed to fit around a 7x7x7 template standard that i am using.

The airlooks on the left and right are easiest to hookup and the control hub can be moved, well that is the general idea.

Attachments