HELP NEEDED excel spreadsheet for mass and power distribution!

Ckeeze

innovator
    Reaction score
    I'm creating a spreadsheet to help design new ships based on both mass and power distribution, however I need th eqations for several systems wich have been updated! The wiki is so outdated I cannot even trust one thing there. I'm using my old computer wich cannot run starmade right now so I can't research this on my own (I'm repairing my gamer PC currently)

Shield:
    I need the eqation wich reduces the shield recharge based on the capacitors numbers

Thrusters:
    They have been buffed in Power 2.0 and I really don't know any of their exact numbers sence then

Weapons:
    Becouse of Weapons update, again i have no idea.

Jump drive (without ANY chambers) energy consumption (wich is based on the ship's mass if I understand)

If you can write down some of the data about these systems, or direct me to changelogs or whatever i would be greatfull. Furthermore I will share the complete spreadsheet for the community once it's done.
    The spreadsheet would let you add in turrets aswell (up to 6 types) once you put in their mass and consumption. I try to make it as simple when it comes to usage as possible.

Reaction score
    I'm creating a spreadsheet to help design new ships based on both mass and power distribution, however I need th eqations for several systems wich have been updated! The wiki is so outdated I cannot even trust one thing there. I'm using my old computer wich cannot run starmade right now so I can't research this on my own (I'm repairing my gamer PC currently)

Shield:
    I need the eqation wich reduces the shield recharge based on the capacitors numbers

Thrusters:
    They have been buffed in Power 2.0 and I really don't know any of their exact numbers sence then

Weapons:
    Becouse of Weapons update, again i have no idea.

Jump drive (without ANY chambers) energy consumption (wich is based on the ship's mass if I understand)

If you can write down some of the data about these systems, or direct me to changelogs or whatever i would be greatfull. Furthermore I will share the complete spreadsheet for the community once it's done.
    The spreadsheet would let you add in turrets aswell (up to 6 types) once you put in their mass and consumption. I try to make it as simple when it comes to usage as possible.
    Shields and weapons will be problematic because the weapons update is still in development and both can (and already have) change radically multiple times. I recommend holding off on them until weapons update hits release.

Reactions: Ckeeze

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    starmade\data\config\blockBehaviorConfig.xml

That answers all yer questions better than any wiki or post, and it'll update as fast as starmade does.
    If you want to be lasy later and productive now, write a script to pull the values you need out of the xml(this will auto-update your spreadsheet if you feed in customblockbehaviourconfig from any server you play on not using defaults). If you just want numbers. use ctrl+F and look for your keywords. shields are near the top after "<!-- NEW POWER -->" and thrusters are a bit farther down after <Thruster><BasicValues> ....... <!-- NEW POWER -->".
    Open it in any text editor, turn word wrap OFF. Notepad++ will make it easier to read because color coding.

Reactions: Ckeeze

Ckeeze

innovator
    Reaction score
    starmade\data\config\blockBehaviorConfig.xml

That answers all yer questions better than any wiki or post, and it'll update as fast as starmade does.
    If you want to be lasy later and productive now, write a script to pull the values you need out of the xml(this will auto-update your spreadsheet if you feed in customblockbehaviourconfig from any server you play on not using defaults). If you just want numbers. use ctrl+F and look for your keywords. shields are near the top after "<!-- NEW POWER -->" and thrusters are a bit farther down after <Thruster><BasicValues> ....... <!-- NEW POWER -->".
    Open it in any text editor, turn word wrap OFF. Notepad++ will make it easier to read because color coding.
    Thank you this will help troumendously! I can basicly make it auto update with starmade? That's going to be awesome! Well once I get back my PC wich is capable of running starmade... (hopefully this week)

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Just to be clear: that file is downloaded with starmade, but you don't need to be able to actually RUN starmade to get it and use it... here i renamed it from xml to .log so the dock will let me upload. Most recent stable named normally, recent "pre" build with new weapons named "weapons3.log"

Again, any text editor will work, but Notepad++ is one I push for it's awesomeness, especially since the prebuild file is all jumbled together for some strange miscarriage reason when viewed in some text editors...

Attachments