Help me Starmade community, You're my only hope.

Reaction score
    Hi peeps, long time on off player of starmade here asking for some help. As Ive said Ive been on off the game since like 2015/2014 and have had many ships made and completed before I stopped playing. However the last time I logged off the game for awhile I happened to not finish my ship I was working on.

This was the ship I was working on and I am eager to get it back again. I have the server database that was used during the time to build this however whenever I try to open the world again it seems to corrupt itself and the ship becomes deleted. I have tried going back many versions but have had no success.

Please help me.

Here is the database from the server: nkuserver.zip

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I am sorry but you are out of luck. There is no corresponding block data of the ship inside the file you provided.

Horrible site to download a file from btw.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    1. If you are on singleplayer, create a new world. Spawn a single core and name it something simple. No need to build on it at this point. This is just to make sure there is a "DATA" folder in the new universe's subfolder.

2. Then exit the game. These steps have created the folders and basic data files for the new universe you just created.

3. Go to your game's folder. (You may have to run a search for "starmade" or "sector-bulk-export-import-example.txt" or "CrashAndBugReport.jar" or "server-database" to find it.)

4. From the game's root folder, go into the "server-database" folder and then go into the folder named after the original universe database. (Probably "nkuserver")

5. Look for files with an "ent" extension that start with "ENTITY_SHIP". You should be able to find the ship there.

6. Copy the appropriate ENTITY_SHIP file from the old universe folder to the new universe folder that got created in step 1.

7. Return to the old universe database folder (probably "nkuserver") and enter the "DATA" folder.

8. Now look for "ENTITY_SHIP" files with the extension of "smd2". You should be able to find one that references your ship.

9. Copy these smd2 "ENTITY_SHIP" files from that DATA folder to the DATA folder in the new universe's folder.

10. Enter the game and access the new universe. Your ship might not be there.

11. If your ship is not already there, you should be able to admin-spawn it into the game from the Blueprint folder in the game's "Catalog" tab.

I haven't tested this process yet.

Edit: I found the ent files from the universe file for you.

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    1. If you are on singleplayer, create a new world. Spawn a single core and name it something simple. No need to build on it at this point. This is just to make sure there is a "DATA" folder in the new universe's subfolder.

2. Then exit the game. These steps have created the folders and basic data files for the new universe you just created.

3. Go to your game's folder. (You may have to run a search for "starmade" or "sector-bulk-export-import-example.txt" or "CrashAndBugReport.jar" or "server-database" to find it.)

4. From the game's root folder, go into the "server-database" folder and then go into the folder named after the original universe database. (Probably "nkuserver")

5. Look for files with an "ent" extension that start with "ENTITY_SHIP". You should be able to find the ship there.

6. Copy the appropriate ENTITY_SHIP file from the old universe folder to the new universe folder that got created in step 1.

7. Return to the old universe database folder (probably "nkuserver") and enter the "DATA" folder.

8. Now look for "ENTITY_SHIP" files with the extension of "smd2". You should be able to find one that references your ship.

9. Copy these smd2 "ENTITY_SHIP" files from that DATA folder to the DATA folder in the new universe's folder.

10. Enter the game and access the new universe. Your ship might not be there.

11. If your ship is not already there, you should be able to admin-spawn it into the game from the Blueprint folder in the game's "Catalog" tab.

I haven't tested this process yet.

Edit: I found the ent files from the universe file for you.
    Hello, im his friend thats trying to help him recover the ship. The ship was actually called COS_Star_Destroyer. I believe the entire folder became corrupt somwhere down the line, as the DATA folder from the old server has no ships in it. Somehow, every DATA file for each non planet entity became deleted. I believe we are fucked. OP is currently trying to find a backup somewhere, but i dont believe we will be able to recover anything from the save that we have. Thanks for the help though!