Have Weapon Computers Output a Logic Signal When Firing

Reaction score
    Pretty self explanatory really
    It would allow combo weapons of a sort to be built, as well as having lighting effects triggered by weapons firing.
    There could be a checkbox to check for whether you want it to output a logic signal or not.

Reaction score
    Agree, like for you. This would be great, so maybe this might hook up to a sound block in the future. (Speehs Engeeneez has it and it's awesome!)

What about a different signal for fails? I need more hatred to do that...(joke)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Adding signals to a lot of systems would be nice.

Like shields when they get hit, or power when it gets low.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Adding signals to a lot of systems would be nice.

Like shields when they get hit, or power when it gets low.
    Yeah; then we could make some kind of automatic "battle mode" visual or blast doors...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    +1

Would make missile salvo shutters possible too. And other cool things.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    You could do things like make burst firing weapons, trigger lighting effects and doors (imagine a cannon with a glowing bar down the side that charges up as it reloads, or a missile system that opens doors to release missiles, then closes) and other things.

If you could do things like detect if you're in combat (combat regen active), you could have flashing emergency lights and have blast doors close on the windows.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ships would become so much more dynamic and feel like they have more of an AI

Reaction score
    Hello, yes I'm new but after reading this post, and the one made by Mariux, I've come up with a way to make this work and not break the current master/slave system.
    We could have it so that linking CPUs directly into one another will always produce the appropriate master/slave system combo, however to make one CPU activated by another you need to link them through an activation-module first.
    Ex:
    D-Beam<AM<Cannon

The cannon is first in the link, when it fires it triggers the activation-module(AM) which then triggers the Damage-Beam(D-Beam), but a D-Beam connected directly to the cannon will still apply the usual range boost effect.
    This way we can have the logic triggering CPUs and keep the master/slave system in tact.

In short, connected CPUs will run a check for another CPU, if the other is found the master/slave system is used, if not it'll instead default to triggering logic on a successful firing.

Sorry for the text wall.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Pretty self explanatory really
    It would allow combo weapons of a sort to be built, as well as having lighting effects triggered by weapons firing.
    There could be a checkbox to check for whether you want it to output a logic signal or not.
    I want this. I want this now.

I've been thinking about combining multiple beams into one "hyper beam" array that siphons shields and power and slows/stops the target at the same time. When the shields fall, torpedoes away! The only problem is, I can't fire all those beams at once. With logic linking like this, I could.