[Hardcore Survival] Manhattan Project Network Presents: Reign of Destruction

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!

What is Reign of Destruction?
    Reign of Destruction is a Hardcore Survival server that strives to be the very best like no one ever was.

Server Information: COMING SOON
    Teamspeak Information: ts.mpnetwork.co
    Voting Link: Vote

MPN Staff:

Owners: NoPantsMcDance
    Dev: KickRAzz

We're currently in the process of rebuilding the server. We hope to see you soon!

STATS:
    Name: Police Arrowhead
    Shields: 156k
    Mass: 500
    Thrust: 754
    Power Capacity: 98k
    Power Regen: 74k

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    People should be interested, but if there are no suggestions maybe that means it's already perfect and just needs more advertisement? idk.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    People should be interested, but if there are no suggestions maybe that means it's already perfect and just needs more advertisement? idk.
    Haha it's very possible. I assume there isn't really a huge demand for Hardcore. I'll prob remove the whitelist and release the server and see what happens.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Looks so much awesome! but.. the sectors are so small?

Welcome back MPN! My favorite server is back! with a new awesome attitude!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I'v been getting used to the larger 10 km sectors and then the 40 km sectors on the server i'm testing are amazing for ship battles.. no sector transitions loosing ships! more of a open space feel!

also makes it harder to hide! but easier to not be seen!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    I'v been getting used to the larger 10 km sectors and then the 40 km sectors on the server i'm testing are amazing for ship battles.. no sector transitions loosing ships! more of a open space feel!

also makes it harder to hide! but easier to not be seen!
    Both of those are extremely large. 5km would be the max I go if I increased it at all. Also easier to hide is kinda not that I'm looking for either. No one wants to spend 3 hours flying to some guys base so he can attack him just to fly back.

I'm sure it would be extremely fun for PvP but you have to think about PvE too. 10km each sector makes it even harder to find a base to claim or a asteroid to salvage.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Both of those are extremely large. 5km would be the max I go if I increased it at all. Also easier to hide is kinda not that I'm looking for either. No one wants to spend 3 hours flying to some guys base so he can attack him just to fly back.

I'm sure it would be extremely fun for PvP but you have to think about PvE too. 10km each sector makes it even harder to find a base to claim or a asteroid to salvage.
    Kinda confused... 10.3km sector size is current size on EE server. There's no issues with finding anything, since detection of objects scales from sector sizes. 2km sized sectors is plainly pathetic. It's non-stop rubberbanding and AI failures. Jump Drives with customizable jump length are allowing for any macro travel. Think about it again. There's no benefit in having sectors so tiny, first of all it just demolishes the feel of distances. Star system of 32km across? Are you serious?

On a side note, I wonder what are looks on ship size limits and purchase methods at your domain.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    *pops in* 5km sector sizes are pretty great, enough pirate spawning and resources. Also, you should limit plex storages and inventories. And remove shops. Just some quick suggestions

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    Kinda confused... 10.3km sector size is current size on EE server. There's no issues with finding anything, since detection of objects scales from sector sizes. 2km sized sectors is plainly pathetic. It's non-stop rubberbanding and AI failures. Jump Drives with customizable jump length are allowing for any macro travel. Think about it again. There's no benefit in having sectors so tiny, first of all it just demolishes the feel of distances. Star system of 32km across? Are you serious?
    Haha I agree that 2km is insanely small and I'm not against increasing it. If 10km is the sweet spot then that's what I'll change it to.
    On a side note, I wonder what are looks on ship size limits and purchase methods at your domain.
    Umm regarding size limits I don't really have any in mind. It's more of up to the player that if they want to take the time to grind the credits to be able to afford some insane ship that's up to them. I hope they understand that my goal of the server IS TO KILL YOU. Also purchase methods not exactly sure what you mean.
    *pops in* 5km sector sizes are pretty great, enough pirate spawning and resources. Also, you should limit plex storages and inventories. And remove shops. Just some quick suggestions
    Is limiting plex storages and inventories something I can enforce? Didn't notice any options for it. For removing shops though it could go either way. There has to be a way to sell stuff to make money besides player to player because I doubt the playerbase will be enough to handle the entire economy right at the start.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You could have one shop, and fill that with credits. I *think* you can regulate these objects, not sure though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    You could have one shop, and fill that with credits. I *think* you can regulate these objects, not sure though.
    I'll look into it. Regarding one shop that just causes unwanted ships and lag in spawn. Trying to do my best to keep a lot of people from being in one place at once to reduce the chance of ramming and large ships coming in and choo chooing the lag train with them.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I'll look into it. Regarding one shop that just causes unwanted ships and lag in spawn. Trying to do my best to keep a lot of people from being in one place at once to reduce the chance of ramming and large ships coming in and choo chooing the lag train with them.
    Did someone say train?

Srry for the short derailment

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Encouraged PvP? N..n...no carebear butthurt? Is this a dream come true?

Comr4de and Zyrr would love this!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    AI_DESTRUCTION_LOOT_COUNT_MULTIPLIER = 0.09 //multiply amount of items in a loot stack. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none
    AI_DESTRUCTION_LOOT_STACK_MULTIPLIER = 0.09 //multiply amount of items spawned after AI destruction. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none
    CHEST_LOOT_COUNT_MULTIPLIER = 0.09 //multiply amount of items in a loot stack. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none
    CHEST_LOOT_STACK_MULTIPLIER = 0.09 //multiply amount of items spawned in chests of generated chests. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none

SHOP_SPAWNING_PROBABILITY = 0.01 //(must be between 0 and 1): 0 is no shops spawned in asteroid sectors, 1 is shop spawned in everyone (default: 8% -> 0.08)

BLUEPRINT_BUY_WITH_BLOCKS = false //blueprint has to be paid in blocks and not credits

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    AI_DESTRUCTION_LOOT_COUNT_MULTIPLIER = 0.09 //multiply amount of items in a loot stack. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none
    AI_DESTRUCTION_LOOT_STACK_MULTIPLIER = 0.09 //multiply amount of items spawned after AI destruction. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none
    CHEST_LOOT_COUNT_MULTIPLIER = 0.09 //multiply amount of items in a loot stack. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none
    CHEST_LOOT_STACK_MULTIPLIER = 0.09 //multiply amount of items spawned in chests of generated chests. use values smaller 1 for less and 0 for none

SHOP_SPAWNING_PROBABILITY = 0.01 //(must be between 0 and 1): 0 is no shops spawned in asteroid sectors, 1 is shop spawned in everyone (default: 8% -> 0.08)

BLUEPRINT_BUY_WITH_BLOCKS = false //blueprint has to be paid in blocks and not credits
    Not entirely sure what the point of that was.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    • PvP encouraged, like a lot. Seriously go blow people up and harvest their tears. Please I'm not kidding you know how entertaining that is to watch.
    • PvE (mostly because PvP in this game is...just...yeah...)
    What are you saying here

Status
    Not open for further replies.