Hardcore Economy Settings or Server Admin/Mod Needed

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm looking to start up a server. I've got a dedi with some great specs ready to roll, but I'd like to create an extremely hardcore environment for players to experience.

There are obvious things like decreasing loot from pirates and stations, removing buildblocks (or just making them really expensive), and reducing hull and glass values. I was wondering if anyone had a config file they could share. I think around 1000 credits for level 5 ores would be the max I'd want to touch. I did some testing of this on my own in single player and it took a good 8 hours of salvaging to get up to something I considered decent (about 40 blocks mined per second at that point). That was good, but maybe even a little quick. I'm looking for some longevity to be added.

I don't want players to instantly feel OP and I want people to really have to work to get any sort of capital ship up and running and maintained. I'd like to see the server built around faction/personal manufacturing to obtain large goals.

Heck, I'm even willing to pay for the work to be done (help maintaining the server, implementing a hardcore economy, creating recipes, importing new pirate ships, etc.) Could buy you a steam game or Minecraft in exchange, too.

Anyone who has a config they'd like to share or who wants to help launch a server, has experience, and wants a little payment to help admin it, message me. We can then chat through Skype or email afterwards. I've got the time and money to manage the server, just not the skills or economy knowledge to handle what is going on behind the scenes.

If you'd like to help out with the server, I'm looking for dedicated, enthusieastic people that love Starmade and other similar sandbox games, age 21+ (younger can apply if you can prove you're mature enough).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello
    I want to help u. I am 14 years old, but I had very much servers, starmade too.
    I know how to cofigure the config right and can help u not only with englisch, with German peooople too.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m interested

Issues I see with the way Starmade currently is and doing this is that your 1st players in have a huge advantage.

Without early segregation the new players strip mine all the easy resources.

Also there is no reccuring resources that i\'m aware of apart from pirate ships randomly appearing and this probably goes against the spirit of a low resource, realistic economy server.

Reaction score
    You do know this guy hasn\'t logged on the forum for over a month right?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi, i\'m actually working on what you describe here, ive used around 7-9 hours customizing blocks, recipes, cubatoms etc etc.. i currently have around 8 members in my community that are helping with testing, and we edit the server as we go. I just have to say, its alot of work! As this game dont have any form of economy with the standard settings.

But i feel you on this type of server, where players have to work hard to afford their ships! not just kill 3 pirates and have unlimited credits...

As for now i wont give you the config ive been working that much on, but when i get my own server\'s economy stable, i might help you out :) You can send me a pm if you want and we could solve some problems about the game, and give each other tips if you want.

EagleEye

www.adventurersrest.com

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    didnt read all the replies before i posted.. this guy have been offline long, prob gave up the whole thing :) well good im still working on it tho ;)

Reaction score
    Just to add: On this server, currently it takes over 10 hours to get a decent sized ship...though recipes and cubatom recipes, aren\'t completely done yet. Once they will be, it will probably take less time but still a lot.