Hand held Master-Slave weapon system

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    This is just a start to the idea so I need suggestions to complete it.

Ammo:

To keep it simple, there would only be 5 types of ammo, one for each master system. The advantage of this is that you don't have to go out and buy incendiary rounds, just sniper ammo.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The problem is that a bullet is a bullet, and you really can\'t differentate between them. A beam is not a bullet, and that is why the ship system works. So the Masters would be: Plasma gun (projectile), RPG (missle), Laser, Meele (in place of projectile) and Charges (In place of minelayer)

Also, I think it would be better if everything was based on some sort of energy of the player, rather than ammo.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Thanks for the ideas. I was debating what type of system to use so I will definitely change it up.

Reaction score
    I would like to see a recharge time build into the npc and player base hand weapons. Maybe the player or npc must have a power pack on to charge up the particular hand weapon he, she or it is shooting so a delay can be worked in. Right now the hand gun is ridiculously too fast when you\'re attacking an npc. There needs to be a built in charge up before a player can shoot again

The power pack could be upgradable or tweakable like the weapons system in the current game model to add variability. Teak this to decrease the range to increase the damage, etc..

....just saying