Great Idea For Starmade(VEHICLES)

Reaction score
    As the title says,yes make players able to creat vehicles.
    By saying vehicles I mean rovers,cars etc.Beacuse Starmade needs these kind of vehicles,for example planet exploring.It's hard to explore a planet with a ship beacuse it's too fast and you need a very small ship to explore.Here's how you can make these vehicles:
    1.Make a vehicle core(same as ship core) and same build mode like for ships(but instead of thrusters we add wheels) also guns for vehicles too.
    2.While in the drive mode(same as ship flight mode) players only can move the cursor for guns and camera,the vehicle is being moved by w a s d keys.
    3.The vehicles will need new blocks:
    Small,big wheels(for rovers)
    Hoover wheel(for flying cars,but make flying cars only hoover above the ground)
    Parking module(same as rail docker but for vehicles)

Well thats it,please think about the idea.

Thanks

Reactions: NTIMESc
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Wheels have been ruled out by the devs and hover thrusters are already in the game and do exactly as you're proposing.

Reactions: Dire Venom
    Reaction score
    The other thrusters are called repulsors. They work pretty well, and in combination with the new gravity chambers on your station you can do some nice stuff.

Reaction score
    Wheels have been ruled out by the devs and hover thrusters are already in the game and do exactly as you're proposing.
    Yeah,but the problem is...cursor,yes you can do a vehicle already but it wont give you a real vehicle experience couse of the 360 degrees turning ability.
    But thanks I didnt think about that.

Reaction score
    Well, the game's called StarMade, not CarMade. What can you do? :whistle:

But honestly, there's a few other building games that focus more on this sort of thing, like robocraft and the awesome new one in development called D.R.O.N.E. - so take a look at those.

I can completely understand why the devs would shoot down development on ground vehicles - not only is it not really adding to the main focus of the game, but there's not that much they would actually be able to do in SM anyway.

Reaction score
    Well, the game's called StarMade, not CarMade. What can you do? :whistle:

But honestly, there's a few other building games that focus more on this sort of thing, like robocraft and the awesome new one in development called D.R.O.N.E. - so take a look at those.

I can completely understand why the devs would shoot down development on ground vehicles - not only is it not really adding to the main focus of the game, but there's not that much they would actually be able to do in SM anyway.
    Yeah you are right but wouldnt it be nice to have ground battles or some simple vehicles in ships or stations in a 'do wahtever you want' space game?

Reaction score
    Yeah you are right but wouldnt it be nice to have ground battles or some simple vehicles in ships or stations in a 'do wahtever you want' space game?
    This is basically a one-man project (with helpers from outside but they have their main jobs elsewhere) not a big dev company where they have no limits. ;) We have to learn to play with what we have right now.

Try making a tank with the repulsors mate. Or did you allready try them out jet?

It's not like your suggestion is bad or something. Don't get me wrong.

Reaction score
    It's ok,I understand you and understand the devs,I'm just giving an idea which is not a bad thing... thats why the suggestion section is made.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hi Starjet,

I can see from your profile you're pretty new here. Suggestions are definitely welcome but, before posting any you might want to take a look at the Frequent Suggestions mega thread first.
    Many community suggested ideas have already been collected here, a lot of which are either in development or have already been implemented. Certainly worth a look :)

Reaction score
    Hi Starjet,

I can see from your profile you're pretty new here. Suggestions are definitely welcome but, before posting any you might want to take a look at the Frequent Suggestions mega thread first.
    Many community suggested ideas have already been collected here, a lot of which are either in development or have already been implemented. Certainly worth a look :)
    I know,btw I'm not new,playing this game for 1 year

Reactions: Blodge
    Reaction score
    Planets are too small to have a purpose of fighting on. If the devs plan on making larger planets (which I don’t think they are) then this would be ok. Plus, non-flying vehicles are not something that fits starmade.

Reactions: Nosajimiki
    Reaction score
    Current state of planets makes this not worth doing. They'd need to make planets 100x as big with a continuous surface for this to begin to be practical. Also, there would need to be a stronger separation of planet-side and space; otherwise, why not just fly or use transporters?

Space Engineers does this kinda well by doing massive non-voxel worlds, with special atmospheric engines to make specialized spaceships inherently different than multi-role shuttles or specifically aircraft. That said, even in SE, ground vehicles tend to become obsolete pretty quickly after early game; so, even there they are more of a novelty item than anything.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If the devs plan on making larger planets (which I don’t think they are) then this would be ok.
    This is also listed under the Planned section of the afore mentioned Frequent Suggestions Mega Thread .

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    While real wheels and physics might be out of the question, it might be good enough to just simulate this with some wheel-shaped repulsor blocks that have some car-like handling modifications.

Reaction score
    Planets are too small to have a purpose of fighting on. If the devs plan on making larger planets (which I don’t think they are) then this would be ok. Plus, non-flying vehicles are not something that fits starmade.
    You can edit the planet size in advenced settings u know right?