Graphics bug with penta blocks - v0.14

Reaction score
    In build mode, when "Preview Block" is turned on, after using the penta block, the penta block ghost image stays in the preview after you switch to another block. After quickly flicking back and forth between different blocks a few times, the game finally updates the block preview image.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It\'s kinda sporadic, sometimes I even get it with other blocks that sit on top of the pentas and then later sit atop other blocks, too. It drives me crazy cause then you can\'t see what\'s the rotation of whatever block underneath.

Notes on what I\'ve seen:

- Pentas trigger it the most readily, sometimes it\'s wedges or other things on top, though.

- It renders no more than 2 blocks (the ghost block plus the current one).

- It updates both rendered blocks as you rotate your field of vision.

- It only updates the selected block as you rotate the position of the block.

- It\'s always the selected block that you want to place that\'s on the bottom. (grrr...)

- [EDIT:] I think you have to use LCTRL to bring up the advanced build preview to cause the error, initially. So placing a penta without previewing an angle of it doesn\'t seem to trigger it. Then again, not entirely sure.

There is a workaround that doesn\'t require restarting the game that can get rid of the ghost block, I\'ve accidentally done it a couple times. Not sure what it is, though.

I find this bug kinda weird. Maybe he\'s working on double-blocks but is also using the related array variable as a trash variable for swapping things...? Who knows!

Reaction score
    Yeah, with me, it\'s just the penta that sticks in the preview, and with me too, it\'s impossible to see what orientation any other partial block is. After this latest patch, the thrashing back and forth between blocks to try to get it to reset works less often. Leaving the ship and/or build mode sometimes resets it, but mainly I just build full blocks for a while and go back after 5 or 10 minutes and it\'s usually reset itself.