Glass display block

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Just a display block that have glass' texture. We need to use trick to achieve it currently and it costs a lot of text characters.

Reactions: yoyo2901
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I can get behind this. However, if we don't have them in every color, it'll be a waste. And of course then when we get display wedges we'll need those also. Rabbit holes and the like.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    We don't need any colors for this, just make it completely transparent and display the text at the backside (but still facing front). Then you can use whatever block surface you want (or none at all for floating text). Call it the holo display block, and done (just 1 block needed for a bazillion of creative options)

Reaction score
    Here's an option: add a function to "project" the text above/below/%direction% the block, with and additional option to make it project "two" displays, i.e. front and back-facing as Thalanor suggested.

Actually, I'd love to see some kind of "projector" block that projects display over one of block's physical faces, depending on which side the "projector" faces. ANY block can have display being projected on. Adjacent "projected" blocks would form a bigger display.
    Maybe you'd connect the display block to the projector for it to work. Or maybe not...